View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 02:44 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I move to week 2:

On the Grey Sheet. many top players were franchised. Just OLB Collins is on the grey sheet from our roster of the best players in FA.

Let's take a look at top talents in my areas of need:

CB - Available are four players at 60+, and another 5 at 55-59, and a bunch more 50s. Given my cap space (55 mill), there should be nothing from letting me grab one. Many of these people are distractions, or too old. I decide to make an offer for Nolan Carroll, 64/64, even at 30, gets along with our leader, Joe Haden.

I also offer:

WR Jordan Norwood, best in the class

Before I make too many more, let's look at the rookies.

Anyone I think we can take at the 27th pick, like a good C,, OG, or CB or WR or DT or someone? There are a lot of high quality CBs out there. I interview E3 and get very underrated, and #4 and hard to read. #5 is very underrated and has amazing bars already and #1 and 2 look like studs based on their bars and combines. There is a ton of top talent here. I would love one to be there at 27. If I sign a top CB, draft another power, and give me three strong corners to refurbish my CB corps, that would be good

What else?

Top C on the board is very underrated. I interview the #4 and 5 guards, and 4 looks good. Two stud WRs out there. #4 is as scouted, three stud RBs in the draft too. I interview #3. Two great Safeties. Anyone I think could fall to 27? Teh #3 guy is very underrated

We are in a good place for this stuff. I'm comfortable we'll get WR, RB, CB, S,C, or OG for my team. Someone good.

No DTs though. So I look at FA'

I make an offer for DT Stacy McGeee to join us.

Anyone else I want to bring in? No to RB. Too expensive or old. Nah to C. There is a studly, franchise level OG Tim Leilito, 73/73. 5 years of experience. But he wants something like 5 years and 55 mill. Nope. I don;t need an OG that badly. What about 30 mill for 4 years to 65/65 Kevin Zeitler? He;s 2nd best. Or 7th year vet 62/62 John Jerry, 3 years and 14 mill? I do that and bump his bonus up a mill to 15 mill deal. That's reasonable

Anyone else? There is a lot of talent out there. We have one 80 player, 2 70s, 15 60s, and so forth. None of those are P/K either. DE Christ Long and WLB War eare the other houses. But we have 67/67 Kiko Alonso, 66/66 Jarvis Jones, DT Stacy McGee (who I made an offer to), 66/66 SS WIlcox, and and such.

Hmm, what about TE?

We have a 64, 61, and two 59 TEs out there. Ours is in his 10th year. Both in the 59 zone are cheap and strong options. I make an offer to TE Jordan Cameron

I make an offer to QB Chase Daniel. He's the replacement I have in line for RGIII, a mentor to QBs

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote