Hall Of Famer

Here are my FAs that I have coming up:

K Matt Prater
NT Corey Peters
RG John Jerry
FS Ed Reynolds
RG Bryson Hickman
WR icardo Louis

Nope, we’re good. Hickman is the best of te lot. A UFA we built to 60, but he’s run blocking only, has 100 run blocking but 3 pass. I didn’t want that long term.

Free Agency Baby!!!

We are 30 mill under the cap. 24 mill space available. I have 38 players under contact

I am about to be the victim of my drafting success. Let me show you:

These draftees are in the final year of their initial contract.

CB Cooper Schmidtke, 65/65 CB, wants 49 mill over 5 years
CB Antoine Harrison, 62/62 CB, wants 25 mill over 4 years
FL Gabriel Lynch, 53/53 WR, wants 20 mill over 5 years
DE Julio Stanton, 86/86 DE, wants 105 mill over 5 years
MLB Robert Banda, 74/74 LB, wants 58 mill over 5 years

Also –
RB Perry Ramsey, wants 34 mill in 5 years

If I didn’t have a salary cap, I’d pay them all. But I do. Here’s some context on each:

DE Stanton is the best DE in the league. In fact, he’s the 9th best non-kicker in the league. He’s already been all pro twice. He was injured for all but 5 games his rookie year, and still has 40 sacks in 3 years. Stanton is the real deal. He’ll be a hall of Fame player. I don’t want him playing anywhere else. (Horner is 13th best in the league by stats).

I also have the 4th and 6th best DTs in the league.

At CB, Cooper Schmidtke is the 20th best, and Harrison is 27th. Not bad for a starting tandem.

Banda is the 3rd best Lb in the league at any positon, and Kirksey is 11th btw.

I want to keep Banda, Schmidtke, Harrison, and Stanton. But that’s not easy

Who is mission critical?

I extend DT Bennie Logan by a year, and drop his cap hit to 11 mill this year

Others players in the last year of their current contact:

SS Wilcox
TE Cameron
WR Hawkins
DT McGee
RB Latavius Murray
LB Kirksey

I can’t keep the show together. Now I can tag one next year, like Stanton. But I need to figure some of this stuff out now.

I extend Kirksey by 3 years.

Because of cheap ness, I extend CB Antoine Harrison first

I will let the older Wilcox and Cameron finish their deals. I would love to resign McGee despite him being out for a year and a half. But he wants real serious DT money, and I have him for a very cap friendly below-market deal.

I want to hold off on Ramsey. In fact, I am going to advance to show you a potential target.

86/86 RB David Johnson. He wants 61 mill over 4 years. Ramsey wants $33,360,000, 4 yrs. That’s a big cap difference. Especially as I look for my full time RB. But Ramsey is just 51/51. I have a few fears. Ramsey was great last year, but if I sign him to a big deal, and let others go, and he’s not able to replicate that success, we are in a bad place. Ramsey isn’t even in the top 30 RBs by current score. On the other hand, Johnson is the best back in the league. Last year he had a 5.2 ypc average, considerably better than Ramsey. He’s in his 6th year in the league. Had 5500 rushing yards in the last 4 years, and is a reliable bet. You get Johnson, and you are going to run over everyone.

But it is worth savaging my stellar defense for Johnson?

I extend DE Joey Horner by two more years, drop his salary cap hit by one million. I extend RB Ramsey and give him the big deal.

I extend LS Newsome for vet min salary for another year

I look at the draft. I want to hold off on resigning details until later. There’s the very underrated S Barret, 3rd best in the draft or very underrated CB Virata, also 3rd best CB in the draft out there. If one falls, I could grab them and build them into my replacement for that position for Wilcox or Sch… or such.

I would like to come away from FA with a good K. There are two good ones in FA. But we can hold off on it.

Week 2 – RB Johnson signed a deal for 90 mill. I wasn’t touching that.

Week 3 – My two high quality OGs, Jerry and Hickman sign for 40 mill, 5 years with Atlanta (Hickman) and Tennessee for 8 mill, 2 years.

Week 11 Prater signs. There’s one more good K out there

I sign K Mason Crosby for 8 mill, 3 years – 74/74 K

I make an offer to TE Clive Walford to come in and be my receivers leader and have some affinities. 52/52

Alright, draft time

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-30-2016 at 12:23 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote