View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 08:31 AM   #795
PilotMan
Head Coach

I am so fucking tired right now. Last week my youngest came home sick with a fever Monday last week. Didn't seem so bad at first. His fever spiked the next day and then came the vomiting. Three days later he finally went to the Dr to be diagnosed with Pneumonia. He started antibiotics and the Dr says if he's not back in school on Monday come back and see me. Well, nothing changed. All weekend was fever and vomiting and coughing. New antibiotics, two of them, and perhaps school by Thursday.

I came home from my last trip early because I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to be sick out of the country, luckily that didn't sick around.

My wife is freaking out because we she is exhausted from taking care of him, is trapped in the house, and is worried his seizures will start back up again because he was having a hard time keeping anything down. She's also upset because we haven't been able to do our special Christmas photos and get our cards out. We haven't been able to do the Zoo Festival of Lights or any other Christmas activity while I've been home. We're on a tight time schedule with my job and all. We booked a weekend family trip to Santa Claus Indiana the week before Christmas, even though our kids are pretty old for all that stuff, but we couldn't afford to do it when they were smaller and we are down to the last few years of family Christmases. So she's not dealing well with that either.

My middle son, who is an insane overachiever, will do hours of homework to keep his grades up in his advanced courses. Has multiple after school activities each week, makes himself fake being well when he's sick to avoid losing perfect attendance, wants to go to a residential high school at Western Kentucky after his Sophomore year and knows that it's very competitive and he can't afford to fall behind, didn't feel well yesterday. He stayed up until nearly 1130 trying to finish his homework, before I made him go to bed. He gets up at 545a. He got up to get ready this morning, then fell asleep on the couch in 2 minutes waiting for our time to go to school. Says he's feeling worse and I told him to go back to bed and stay home and he didn't argue. That NEVER happens.

So now I've got 2 sick kids, a stressed out wife, a holiday season that waits for no man, oh, and my oldest has Aspbergers. He's the low needs one right now.

I'm tired.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 12-07-2016 at 09:51 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote