Old 12-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #54
Izulde
Head Coach

Lindfield FC Swans
Amateur
Obscure Reputation
Bank Balance: ~$40k
Season Tickets: 14
1st place in Mid Sussex Premier with 24 points, but the 2nd place team is 1 point behind and has a game in hand.

10 matches played, 26 total.

Stadium: 1,000 capacity, owned by the local council.

Lindfield is a village of just over 5,800 people, renowned for its natural beauty as part of the High Weald, and the town itself has a lime-tree lined main street with stunning medieval buildings. The Swans have a beautiful logo and a cool team name.

There's also a B and C team that play further down the structure, but I'm not going to worry about them just yet. Oh, and Lindfield IV, so a lot of reserve squads.

This is Lindfield's first breakout season, the Swans having finished 12th and 10th the last few years. The board's expecting a league win, and we've already met our trophy expectations in their best year, so anything else is added bonus.

[b]@ Jarvis Brook II (Mid Sussex Senior Cup Second Round)
G: Neil MacGregor
D: Marios Solomou/Jonah Gregory/Tony Stanley/Ronnie Brock
DM: Jake Robson
M: Ed Brinkhurst/Colin Pritchard/Marvin Downing (No ML)
S: Joel Purkiss/Tim Mitchel-King

There's a few players worth having here, but overall, not an impressive lot, and there's a ton of injuries to key dudes, and exhaustion galore on this squad.

5 - Mitchel-King's pass is intercepted by a tackle that sends the ball into the box. Downing, a loan player who is one of the better talents on the team, gets there first and hits the score. 1-0

55 - Darryl Ray in for Brock, Alan Peters for Solomou as we try to keep some energy levels up at least.

Stellar performances out of our midfield, highlighted by PotM Marvin Downing's 7.6. Alan Peters had a 7.0 off the bench. Man, I love being back in the Amateur leagues.

I'm also the only coach on staff after firing our assman, and I'm trying to get one that's at least slightly useful. Copthrone, who have a game in hand on us, win that game in hand, so they're now in 1st place.

Transfer In - ML/AML/Assistant Coach Chris Adam (36)
Fills our need for a left midfielder and is immediately the best player on the team, including being our new assistant manager into the bargain. Technically an exceptional player for this level, and his 13 Corners is the highest attribute I've had in this dynasty.

Transfer In - DL/WBL/ML Fraser Logan (34) (Scottish)
We continue to pull in the veterans and Logan, despite playing very well for Burgess Hill Rhinos, increasingly saw his PT cut. He's just one of a few players I'm hoping to bring on board.

Transfer In - DM/MC/AMC Mason Hirst (24)
I continue raiding my first club for players, and Hirst I'm hoping will be a long-term fixture. The Rhinos fanbase is pissed I poached him, but oh well. Shit happens. Massive talent infusions for sure.

Transfer In - MC/MR/AMR/AMC Peggy Lokando (29) (Congolese)
The third stolen player from the Rhinos, and the third straight huge upgrade in player quality. Unlike the others, I'm not quite sure exactly where I'll put him - he's got the versatility to play a lot of spots, however. Appeared in just 2 games this year.

Transfer In - ST Julian Owusu (29) (Ghanian)
Our strikers were awful the first game, so landing a veteran who has Ithsmian D1 quality is absolutely huge. I expect this fine striker to tear up the scoring charts as he's great in all areas for this level.

Transfer In - ML/MR/AML Orlando Joao (23) (Dutch)
Rhino #4, and a long-term solution along with Hirst. I absolutely loved this kid in Burgess Hill as a rotational guy, and although much like the rest, was unloved due to my successor bringing in his own dudes, the Dutchman gets a second chance as a Swan.

That's five signings showing up to the press conference - a record.

]vs Copthorne (1st)
G: Neil MacGregor
D: Fraser Logan/Jonah Gregory/Josh Medlyn
DM: Connor Pritchard
M: Orlando Joao/Mason Hirst/Peggy Lokando/Marvin Downing
S: Julian Owusu/Tim Mitchel-King

First true game of the Burr- err I mean the new Lindfield Swans. Copthorne actually come in favored to win this one.

Stanley replaces injured, yellow-carded Gregory at half.

65 - Owusu kicks back to Lokando for the perfect feed to Mitchel-King, whom I like because of his 11 Finishing. The kid sinks it for a debut goal in his first league game for this squad. 1-0

68 - Mitchel-King to Lokando, but his pass to Owusu in the box is tackled away. Luckily, a cutting in Joao slots away his own debut goal! 2-0

With that win, we obviously jump back into 1st place. Peggy Lokando is PotM with a 9.0 debut, Orlando Joao has an 8.3 one, rating matched by Neil Macgregor, who though stinking in ratings, has posted a 7.1 and 8.3 his first two games of my tenure. 7.5 for Tim Mitchel-King as well, as we dominate the second half thanks to my halftime speech, and come away with a key victory in our biggest match of the year.

It's all part of an 11 straight unbeaten record that dates back to my predecessor. There's still some upgrades I'd love to make, but there's no question we really turned it on in short order thanks to my raiding.

We do lose Jonah Gregory for 2 weeks, which is bad news bears.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote