View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #732
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Having worked with public sector directors who are now private, again you are misinformed and making assumptions. If you, as a manager, even accidentally make an employees life very slightly more difficult or stressful you are pulled in front of an investigative board, threatened and told to leave employee alone.

Even awful employees who sleep half the day are given the benefit of the doubt and any actions taken by a manager will generally be reviewed with the manager in the cross hairs, not the shit employee.

The private world doesn't work like the public one, it earns its reputation and is far worse than you think. Half of federal and state workforces are sleeping their days away waiting for their pension. With managers, the ones that aren't doing the same, that try and fail to fix it, go insane and join the private world.

I think you're missing some of the point here. Anybody who has backed the climate change agenda IS in the crosshairs (as I certainly believe they deserve to be).

I'm sadly aware of how hard it is to get rid of deadweight -- public or private -- I'm saying that changing that is part of the draining of the swamp. You're comments assume that the tide isn't shifting/going to shift. I'm viewing this more optimistically.