View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #452
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Oh, I see.. I can use either CP or covers to improve 3* and up. I thought I needed both for some reason. That's good. Here in a couple weeks I think I will feel worthy of joining an alliance.

Correct. The use of CP to add covers is analogous to how you used to be able to use Hero Points to do the same. Both are a "whale" function; it's just that you can't directly buy the CP you need to do that - at least not as 'cheaply' as you used to be able to buy 2500 coins to add a cover to a 4*.

It's a thing you can do if you're in a hurry to get a character up to full strength, but I generally do not recommend that.

The sooner you join an alliance, the better for your resource amalgamation. You'll get a daily ISO bonus (TROUT averages about 1200-1300, SQUID I run a tight enough ship that it's around 1800-1900) and, whenever anybody in the alliance spends $19.99 or more on a purchase (or buys/renews VIP), you'll get 1 CP just for being in the same alliance as them. It's not a gamechanger, but it's nice to have.

Also, alliance mates can send you teamups so you aren't just reliant on the teamups you earn from PVE/PVP.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote