View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #75
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Nah, success is success. Especially at this level, where a few things going wrong can leave you at the wrong end of the table.

Good point. I thought we were going to be screwed when our DMs left town, and we're staring down a 4-4-2 and have injury issues. Things righted, however.

@ Winchester Castle (4th)
G: Rob Peet
DM: Ellis Parker
D: Joe Hopewell/Tim Walker/Ryan Docherty
M: Marios Solomou/Mason Hirst/Michael Monaghan/Peggy Lokando
S: Nico Thongvivat/Andrew Quinn

8 - Thongvivat traps a pass and dribbles backwards to lay off to Hirst for the booming first touch high ball that flies to the box. Quinn leaps up and simply heads the ball over the keeper. Beautiful, just beautiful. 1-0

63 - Burrows for Lokando and Howe for Walker

Michael Monaghan wins PotM with an 8.7, Mason Hirst putting up a 7.7 next to him. Not the best game in all honesty, but a win is a win is a win. Especially against a Top 4 team at their place.

Transfer Out DLC/ML Marios Solomou (Non-Contract)
I'm stunned he left. He was getting consistent playing time as a starter at ML and even when Orlando Joao was healthy, he'd worked his way to being one of the pick of five subs for every game. It devastates our ML position, what with Joao still out another week or two. Granted, we have a 9 point buffer on second place, 11 points on 3rd, so we've the breathing space to afford this... but still, I'm just like WTF bruh?

@ Sidley (2nd)
G: Rob Peet
D: Darren Ebsworth/Tim Walker/Ryan Docherty
DM: Ellis Parker
M: Joe Hopewell/Mason Hirst/Michael Monaghan/Peggy Lokando
S: Nico Thongvivat/Andrew Quinn

13 - That red card for Parker was bullshit. Ugh.

19 - When you're hit with those long bombs, not much you can do. 0-1

32 - Hopewell intercepts, dribbles and cuts to the sideline before a longball cross far post that hits Hirst just right for the open shot and his first goal of the year! 1-1

34 - Walker's slow feet cost us there. 1-2

41 - The defense tackles the ball away from Monaghan, but Lokando gets the loose ball just outside the box and near posts it to Thongvivat for my boy's first ever Swans goal! 2-2

Docherty moves to DL and Stanley comes on at DR at half, as we try to shore up an awful game by the defense.

48 - Lokando with the long free kick in to the box, and Quinn is perfectly positioned for the go-ahead goal! 3-2

64 - Right call on that PK by Stanley, unfortunately. 3-3

72 - We'll go asymmetrical and put Howe in as a second DC. Docherty has been so terrible, he needs to get off the field.

87 - Thongvivat gets the pass and is being harassed by four guys in their half. He laterals it to Hirst, who dribbles untouched for several lengths before firing in the long bomb! How the fuck they can cry this is offsides is beyond me. 4-3

91 - Peet blasts a goal kick to [b]Lokando/b] that connects when a defender misses the header. Our Congolese midfielder is immediately double-teamed, but he threads a pass to Quinn just outside the box. No problem for our loanee to hit the range shot to clinch victory in a short-handed game!!! 5-3

All of our midfielders and strikers were 7.6 or better in a fabulous come from behind goals fest. 9.0 for Peggy Lokando, 8.0 for Michael Monaghan, 9.2 for PotM Mason Hirst, and 8.8 for Andrew Quinn. Huge, huge win, knocking off the 2nd place team on their turf and with one of our guys red-carded for most of the game! 12 points advantage now - 4 whole games as a buffer with 12 to play.

My assman says the red card on Ellis Parker was justified, but I don't agree, so I don't discipline him for it - in fact, I appeal the suspension. BTW, that game set goal-scoring records, and Peggy Lokando also broke the Lindfield single season record for assists with 11 - previous was 9 with Jake Robson.

Our appeal is rejected, and Ellis Parker will sit out our biggest game of the year, which is coming up next. So pissed.

More troubling news - There's a takeover plot in place, and Peggy Lokando will also miss the big game with the flu. Matt Pegler, the backup keeper, damages his heel and will be out 2-3 weeks.

And then the biggest knife in the back comes.

Transfer Out - GK Rob Peet - Non-Contract
How in the FUCK are you going to do this to us, Rob?! This means we're stuck with our third string keeper in the most important match of the year, and we're already missing two of our best players. I = one triggered motherfucker. That's one thing that annoys me about this setup - amateur guys will flip teams, yet still be Very Interested in coming back to you (see: Billy Frost). Ugh. So, so, *so* pissed right now.

Andrew Quinn is appointed as the new vice-captain. Hopefully that convinces him to come sign with us long-term.

Transfer Out - DC Samuel Westray - Non-Contract
I've been expecting this, to be honest. He was always shuffling in and out of the lineup, and still has the only Swans own goal. A player that just couldn't quite put it all together, either as a Cheeseman or as a Swan. Still like the kid, but he simply wasn't a long-term fixture.

We scramble to try and bring in a replacement keeper, but can't get the contract signed before the Big Game. Sigh. What should have been a thrilling match is now doomed to Blowout City.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote