View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #14
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Which is why this case interests me. This person just wants to compete and actually preferred to compete against men, but he was not allowed due to a TX law. I don't see the quote in this article, but I read a different one where the parents stated this.

He just wants to compete in Wrestling, does not want to deal with the politics and does not want to champion any cause. So my question for the anti-transgender(is anti the word?) crowd, is a solution similar to Ben's acceptable or is the only answer that people can't transgender and/or transgenders can't compete.

While I'm not "anti transgender", I do want a level playing field. The issue with that is how the hell can we know what a level playing field is when the data on transgender athletes is so damned small?

I don't have a problem with Ben's solution, but I also don't think it's workable. Testing in HS sports is controversial enough as it is, now we are going to pick just the transgenders for this test? Why not test everyone, because the girl who beat my daughter in soccer was clearly on something, right? The other side will say you are simply against Trans Gender athletes and are trying to make things more difficult for them. (and I'm sure the phrase "you are violating their civil rights" will be worked in somewhere)

I know the Olympics do have gender testing:

Failed gender test forces Olympian to redefine athletic career - ESPN The Magazine

I don't think that works at a HS level. I don't know that there is a solution to this issue at that level of competition.

Last edited by TroyF : 02-27-2017 at 11:00 AM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote