View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #21
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
Yep, happens all the time. Religious institutions can not take away the rights of others in the name of their belief. Think of all the kids sent back to foster care because of the uncompromising beliefs of the Church of Satan.

Where I think this gets interesting is what if a gay couple claims they are Christians, but are denied adoption? Does the religious institution in charge get to say what is and what isn't acceptable Christian practice? Should there be a sign that says you can do all these things: atheist, adultery, root for the Dodgers, divorce. But if are gay, that is anathema?

This is one of those things that is so tough on so many levels.

I have zero problem with gay parents. Zippo, not a one.

But we "exclude" people all the time for all sorts of reasons. Want to play golf at Augusta? Good luck with that. You'd better have a crapload of money, be the right gender (or married to one) and for the most part you had better be the right color.

When it comes to state or government, the issue is a slam dunk for me. The person not signing gay marriage licenses? Go to hell. Seriously, go there. Follow the law. The people who don't get their kids medical care because God will save them? You go to hell too. The people who treat gays nastily because they are gay? Read your damned book and realize that isn't the way to go. (note: only speaking to Christians here, there are other religions where the book says to kill them, you probably shouldn't read yours)

Having an adoption agency and wanting to pick the type of parents you want? I don't know.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote