View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 07:05 AM   #91
Izulde
Head Coach

One of the biggest reasons for my failure in Porthleven compared to my success everywhere else was my inability to bring in defenders with high Composure. My successful teams always accomplished that. Interestingly enough, in the press conference after my resignation, the journalist noted that while the board loved me, the fans despised me. I got rid of a lot of their favorites and 5th wasn't good enough despite the improvement it represented.

A second interview asks why I keep resigning from teams, even though this is the first time in this dynasty I've done it. The other so-called resignations were to take other, theoretically better jobs.

I definitely want to return to an Amateur side. Building up an organization to a semi-pro team is really what I love doing. Not that I regret leaving Lindfield - the bug was really getting to me. The Swans have dealt with a lot of injuries this year, but are strongly 2nd in the next league, and look to be close to an automatic lock to promote. Cheddar is 5th, and just can't seem to break the hump of being an upper tier but not quite there Western Premier squad. Burgess Hill Rhinos I don't need to say anything about. Paul Lorraine has done masterful work in building on what I did there.

It amazes me how well FM replicates how shit soccer is in Cornwall. Definitely the single most frustrating experience I've had - especially going from 1st to suddenly not being able to do anything right at all.

The Fishermen drop to 10th before they hire a new manager, who installs a 4-3-3 with 3 CMs. (Ling/Peacock/Hall) and they get a 2-0 win in their first match under him.

Ideally I'd want something with a team name, but a cool logo would definitely appeal, and so when an Insecure job comes up with one of that latter category, I go ahead and declare public interest to see if I can force the guy out. Paper is rife with speculation that it may happen.

Porthleven goes on a three game winning streak under their new manager to finish the Fishermen's original projected 5th. Lindfield does indeed promote comfortably, finishing 2nd. Burgess Hill Rhinos you already know kept smashing everyone. Cheddar finished 5th.

The insecure manager of cool logo team is indeed fired, so I apply, because none of the other amateur gigs that have opened up appeal to me particularly. It's not a guarantee I even take this job, TBH. They're taking forever to get back to me, and Adele had a house there, which annoys me. I hate that song. There's another club who didn't fire their manager who kind of interests me. That second club dismisses my interest, which actually intrigues me even more. That takes big balls, considering the things I've done.

I bomb the interview with cool logo Adele club when I tell them they have to buy the stadium the club plays in. Whatever. They took until the end of May to bring me in for an interview, so they clearly weren't serious about me.

I'm honestly getting a little antsy, however - I'm missing out on the offseason and a chance to build a roster. Maybe I should have just taken it anyway and played nice. ...Nah. The village is so small, it doesn't even have its own population. That's *too* tiny.

I find another cool logo team with a nifty history of the place it's in. They have a name - it's boring, but at least they have one. Unlike other cool logo club, which took almost two months to interview me, this second one only takes a week and a half before bringing me in. The club really wants high profile players, but I can't commit to that. The interview continues, however, so I'm hoping I still have a shot.

5 days later, they bring me in to discuss the terms of employment, and it's a fast signing.

It's June 23rd. Not much left of the offseason to change this roster and start putting things in place.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote