View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #46
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

So...here's my addition to the discussion.

Crimetown -- A 30 minute or so weekly podcast detailing the mob history of Providence. They're 12 episodes in and it's kept my interest. I'm not sure how long the season will last or what their city will be.

Criminal -- A biweekly look at criminals of various stripes. Some are serious while others are largely comedic.

Hardcore History -- I think my favorite aspect of this is how it breaks all the rules of podcasting (length, consistency of release, etc) while still being largely compelling.

Freakonomics

How Did This Get Made -- Enough has been said here about it.

How I Built This -- An NPR weekly that focuses on the people who built various successful products and services. Recent episodes have covered 5-Hour Energy, Chesapeake Bay Candle, Atari & Chuck E. Cheese, and Crate & Barrel.

Mere Fidelity -- An intellectual look at a variety of topics pertaining to the Christian faith.

Pass the Mic -- A look at the church from an African American perspective.

Presidential -- WaPo did a weekly podcast on each president leading up to this past election. Excellent introductory material.

Revisionist History -- Malcolm Gladwell's history podcast. He only did about 10 episodes.

Wrestling podcasts -- Jericho, Cornette, Schiavone, Pritchard, Ross, and Stone Cold.

Stuff You Should Know -- I like some of the shorter form podcasts like this one to rapid fire topics that I might want to learn more about later.

The Tim Ferriss Show -- I just eat up everything he does. I'm also getting ready to read Tools of Titans for the next few months.

The Way I Heard It -- Mike Rowe's podcast is interesting in that it's short (5-6 minutes per episode) and treated as a mystery each time. I get some of them right, but several have been surprises even at the reveal.

This American Life -- I just like the variety and the way that everything is treated well.

The Moment with Brian Koppelman -- A great interview series that hits a variety of guests that I don't hear on a lot of my other regular podcasts. Recent episodes have featured Evan McMullin and Marcus Samuelsson.

The Liturgists and The Bad Christian -- two podcasts that are done by folks who have dropped out of traditional Christianity but still engage with it as a way to give a voice to those in a similar situation.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote