View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 03:14 PM   #9
Tom Ashley
n00b

Here's the Sutton Courtenay team as it stands right now. Some versatile players are shown with more than one position group.

Goalkeepers

Goodwin is the clear choice for the number one shirt at Drayton Road. Blanchard would be second choice. Cole is mainly useful as a tutor.

Defenders

The regular defensive line features Jackson or Hughes at left back, Green and Connolly in the middle, and Pond on the right.

Midfielders

My usual formations are 4-4-2 and 4-1-2-2-1, so I need a lot of midfielders who can fill various roles.

The flat midfield four in the 4-4-2 includes Jackson or Holt on the left and Blanks on the right. East and Knight man the middle.

When I switch to the 4-1-2-2-1, I bring Pond up from right back to fill the defensive midfield role. Blanks remains on the right wing. Jackson drops back to left back, and Holt comes in to man the left.

The team isn't as well suited to play 4-1-2-2-1. Holt isn't as comfortable playing in an advanced position, and if Pond is playing DM, there's a noticeable lack of quality at right back.

Forwards

Noble is far and away the best striker in the team. Shaw, who isn't even listed as a forward, has emerged as the best option when want to use two forwards. Tymon isn't bad, but he didn't do much during the pre-season.

I really need to find another striker. I'm one injury away from a disaster here.

Last edited by Tom Ashley : 03-18-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Tom Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote