View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 10:10 PM   #358
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So I am starting to get a little bored of the Chiefs. I got them to a strong place quickly. We just had NFL MVP, and both Off and Def Players of the year, and Def Rookie of the Year. I have studs lined up and down the draft, and quality players at multiple places, not just the 1st round. 2.32 with Tamm to 7.31 with Danieles and more. One good example of this is Enrique Banks, who I picked up late 5th. If you’ll recall, that year I showed you the top players on the board of the draft at 1.31. And you could see Banks was one of the best players on the chart. Now he’s nothing major. He’s not Roberson or Cobb, he’s just a solid player. He never grew like I hoped, but he was there.

Anyways, I feel like I got to the point where the Chiefs are on autopilot. So let’s do something else.

I want to make this tougher. Should I switch to another team?

Do I want to move to San Diego? The losingest team of the last 20 years, and in the same division as these Chiefs? Right now, I doubt I move my team to a Otto Graham candidate, because we keep missing on the UFA Graham options. Plus, before we had a stud D. But now it’s in transition.

This year, the Chiefs, despite not having a whole lot of needs, is picking 1.7. And 1.32 as well. Hit on those both and we are just nasty. Make that 1.7 a top flight player at a major position and we are just nasty.

Good news about the Chargers? They were the worst team last year and have the 1.1 pick. But, otherwise, they are sucking.

Where is Tamm right now?

He is the 13th best QB in the league by current rating. We grabbed him at the 2.32 spot, outside of the top 50. How many other of the top QBs in the league are from lower?

All of the QBs better than Tamm were 1st rounders in the top 5 picks, save for 1 taken at 1.21. Then 2 at 1.2, and then a 2nd.18 next, and then 5.21 (Conrad Rhodes, taken by us), and then all 1. And first five for the rest. So of the top twenty five Qbs in the league, only 4 were taken outside of the top 6. (I found a pair of 1.6s later) at 1.21, 2.18, 2.32 and 5.21.

Now San Diego has a solid 63/63 QB right now it’s the rest of the team that is stuck in suck. They have a good, young CB, OG, LT, and QB. And a not-bad RB. No one else young and not a K in the 60+ range for current or potential.

So, Chargers? I could see it. What about helping out the Bears as they reboot in Colorado Springs?

The only major question is one of loyalty to Flemming. I would like to see him finish out his career with me. He is the best player I’ve ever had. That’s the only reason I’d stay. But I had him for 7 seasons. Time to move on.

I’ve built the Chiefs up into a major force. Up and coming powerhouse offensively, and still defensive talent in a variety of places.

Chargers?

Or how about a team with the 8th pick instead, who needs a QB badly, and has a depleted roster and the 5th worst record in the Bills. Actually, they aren’t that depleted. Nevermind. 5 70+ players into DE NT, and 3sx LB.6 more in the 60s, including 68 RB, 2x Cbs, and more.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote