View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 03:12 PM   #397
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2039 FA!

I extend OG Bening by 4 years, 55 mill. I also ad a year to K Fields and FL Holbert.

Do I want to pay 400 to keep both Mad Mau and Big Toth?

I sign back 6 RFAs.

I need talent in a lot of areas:

Key for me is starters at WR, RB, RT this year, (Maybe LT in the future), and that’s a lot of cash to tie up into players that often cost a lot of money. Do I want to commit about 100 mil of my 315 mill cap to my D Line? Do I want to see 40 mill for Mau and 45 mill for Toth moving forward? Rough. Both are All Pros, and both feed off of each other’s presence, and I’m unsure that keeping one and not the other would really help the team.

Of course I can just try and lean on the draft for OT, RB, and WR. I pick 1.24 this year, but I would really love to sign some later.

And I only have 94 mill in cap space. I sign the one that I know will work later, Mad Mau, and then I can let Toth head into a tag next year, and then sign him from there to a longer term deal.

Parker Maumalanga

4 years, 149 mill: Flat cap hit of 31 mill the first three years and then a dummy cap of 56 mill the last.

OT McHugh is in his final year, but I’m not extending his 16 mill.eyar cap hit beyond this one to help be cap friendly next year.

Any good Fas I want to chase around the block? 76/76 OT Roderick Lane? He wants 85 mill over 4 years. Totally worth it. I could sign him and cut McHugh. He’s just one year younger, but three years of experience less, may help to keep him limber for a while. Do I want to lock that down?

Let’s scout the draft, which may inform my FA, because if I see chance of a great OT or Rb dropping, I don’t want to push my cap out of whack. I interview the top three WR, 4 Rb, and 5 Ots. I think I can get a good OT in the 3 or 4 spot, both look good and came back underrated.

Retaining my own players would be:

Imme, 66 mill, 4 years
Sterne -4.1 mill, 1 year
WR Scott – 18 mill, 3 years

Vs

FA RB Wilson, best in FA by a little over Imme, 60 mill, 4 years

I make an offer to:

RB Derek Coffey, 59/59, 3rd best RB in after Wilson and Imme, 13 mill, 3 years

DT Sterne

Alright, I make that offer to Lane

He is the 3rd best OT in the league. So Ima about to pay him some serious cash

Ready for hitting that End Stage button?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote