View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 09:33 PM   #6
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Work continues on the layout. I've added a few more branch/spur lines off of the primary shortline track. At this point I've got a coal mine, steel mill, grain elevator and papermill placed. Have quite a bit of work to do on each of them to make them look real. Right now, it is just basic building placement, and some access track established, so they don't look all that good at the moment.

Since my son wants to start making youtube videos, he thinks he is going to be a Minecraft star, seemed like a good idea to download some video capture software and some free trials of video creation programs. As a test, I created a video of the mainline track. It starts with the yard at the west end of the map and shows several points along the way as it heads east up the grade until the end. The video camera work, and editing are pretty rough, this is more a proof of concept as far as creating a youtube video than anything else. It does give a little sense of the route though. And, since I had my pc sound turned really low, I didn't realize the bells on the engine were ringing the entire time. So I just added a free youtube song as a replacement soundtrack instead of listening to locomotive bells for 3+ minutes.

Test Run - YouTube
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote