View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 10:20 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Just going to do season recaps. You won't know any of the players, but it shouldn't matter. I'm mostly just reporting on how the team did and noting anything interesting I might have done during that particular season acquisition wise worth noting.

I've never had a lot of NBA luck for whatever reason, maybe because I want to build a team like NBA teams play now, but the game still plays in the old NBA way. I have a custom file that tries to replicate a similar type of NBA basketball that we see now that's positionless and up tempo and it mostly works, but teams still use players the old ways.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited about this first Rens team. I made a few deals at the draft that give us some exciting young talent, coupled with a few veterans on contracts that are ending, so it won't be a terrible boring team in its first year in New York, but we're also not anything close to a playoff team.

I'm simming through free agency entirely for this first year, after doing trade deals at the draft we have about $3m left in cap space but two of those contracts will expire after this year so it won't matter much.

I have a lot of foreign leagues in my game, so it runs a bit slow on the sim side during the off-season. Once it's done, I'll take a look at our regular season roster and we'll go ahead and dive into the year. I won't play out games or anything, but I'll likely recap the regular season for a bit because I'm intrigued to see who these dudes are, get a sense of the league itself and so forth.

Uncharacteristically, I probably won't be doing a lot of trading early on, because I don't know many of these players and also, I'd kind of just like to see how the team does with whatever talent we have/get through the draft and while we'll likely be bad for a while, it'll help me get my bearings rather than spending all of my time just acquiring the best players like I usually do.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote