View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #5014
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

A few things.

I'm not bothered by having a sticker contest. I'm bothered that this is the best the DCCC can come up with. Pithy slogans are fine, but they need to be good. Can you imagine a Coke slogan: Have you seen the other colas? This has shown that the DCCC has nothing to offer in the continuing quest for a Dem brand.

But there is a possible solution! Apparently work is being done on a Better Deal platform. Of course a bunch of Dems immediately said they wouldn't agree to it, whatever it may be. The details of the agenda would matter, but the refusal to see the necessity for a shared agenda is maddening.

Opposition parties always struggle with leadership, but the good news is that that will solve itself in 2020. Who wants to name a party leader when most of the people being asked probably consider themselves as possible contenders? I'd be interested in asking GOP electeds the same question. I wonder how many would say Trump?

I hope Perez and Ellison are focused on state elections in 2020. The nationals tend to work themselves out, but the census and redistricting is the single most important thing the party needs to win. Redrawing even half of the 22 seats the AP estimates went GOP because of gerrymandering would be huge.