View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:36 AM   #3298
Groundhog
Coordinator

If he was a white walker or a storm trooper in a helmet or something, great. It just felt really weird having a cameo from one of the most famous and recognisable faces in pop music right now, and singing of all things. Cool for Ed Sheeran, but for me it ruined the scene by taking me right out of Westeros. The scene itself was a bit strange too... I guess it's good that we see soldiers who aren't looking to rape every girl they come across in the woods for a change, but it just felt like it was tacked on the script to give a singing scene to Sheeran.

Rest of the episode was OK, typical first episode of a season. Agree that Lady Mormont was great as always, one of the best characters outside of the original POV characters. Some of the dialogue felt a bit awkward to me though, particularly Cersei/Jamie. Not so much the scene with Euron (which was quite good), but the scene with the two of them together felt off to me.

Not sure how folks missed the scene with Jorah (seen it commented a bit online) - didn't see his face, but given his arm/voice/question about Daenerys, it was pretty clear to me.