View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 06:19 PM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For the Rayo match, I start Yeray, Espericueta, and Gorka at DMC. This will raise Espericueta’s salary for his 10th league appearance to 20k from 12.5k, but I’m okay with that. For the Fans!!! They collect one and then another yellow. In the 21st, Artiz finds Williams for a score. Card for Muniain. They push hard in the final minutes before the half but fail to score. 1-0 half. Don’t get complacent out there. Benat agrees, as his sinks it in the 47th. I pull Muniain for Gomez. Unusually, Laporte gets a yellow. I put in DC Xabi Etxeitz for him. Gomez finds Artiz in the 77th. I send in Eraso for Benat. We win 3-0. MOM is Artiz Aduriz.

The Malaga match is here. I put my best XI out there. As we are on the road, I begin countering. They score in the 9th off a counter, San Jose misses a PK a few minutes later, they score again, and then Garcia hits Artiz for a score, and it’s 2-1 half. Should have been 2-2. Show me something different! They head out, and I sub San Jose for Yarey, and then I send in Gomez. In the 66th, they score again off a penalty by Xabi. Rico heads in. We lose 3-1. Well, there went our attempt to move up the league table. We both had 50% possession and 14 shots. But we lost, in part because San Jose, with a 15 PK, 14 finishing couldn’t make a PK. He wasn’t even blocked, he flat out missed. That was a messy game for us, with us giving away a PK and not getting a PK to sink.

That loss drops us to 7th with 5 games left.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote