View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May

May 9 – Away vs Las Palmas
May 15 – Home vs Sevilla
May 21 – Final, Copa del Rey, vs Barcelona

With 2 games left, Las Palmas and Sporting were relegated.

Current table, everyone at 36 games

Real Madrid, 76
At. Madrid, 64
Valencia, 61
Athletic, 60
Granada, 59
Celta, 58
Sevilla, 57

We cannot be caught by Levante at #8, 6 points begin Granada.

So as you can see, we are in 4th, barely. Very barely. Assuming we get a result against relegated Las Palmas, we would need a good result in the last match, but it’s there.

Gorka was injured in training for 2 weeks, so Xabi Ex heads back into the DC spot.

Inaki Williams wants to move to a bigger club, but I just have my captain to talk to him and skip the conversation. We have two games left, and right now, we are in the running for sweet sweet Champion platy and cash. So hush now.

Real Madrid lose 3-2 aggregate in the Semi Finals of the EURO to Galatasaray. Tottenham beat Napoli to set up those two in the final.

Before today’s Las Palmas Game, everyone else played, and I have a game in hand. We dropped to 5th if we lose we keep that spot. If we win, we get to 3rd. For today, I am starting Gomez, and Gurpegi. I want to give Gurpegi a final start before he heads out, and a start against the already-related-have-nothing-to-play-for Las Palmas is better than at home vs Sevilla next week. Relax, we’ve got this! I’m glad I started countering, because they are coming hard. We survive. On a counter, Garcia finds Williams for a score in the 17th. 2 minutes later, Benat is injured, and I send in Rifo to sub for him. They get a great cross and score in the 33rd. Then they score again in the 35th. 1-2 them at the half. Oh no we aren’t. I move to attacking and question their desire to win. I send in Viguera and Muniain. Card for Laporte. In the 83rd, Artiz hits Williams for a score and we tie 2-2. That sucked hard.

That was horrible. We are clearly “That Team” the won that drops odd games late to get it out of the right zone. Benat is out for a week and will miss the finale.

We are in a three-way tie with Valencia, ourselves, and Grenada at 61 points each at 3-5th. We are 4th right now on tie breakers.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote