Hall Of Famer

November

Nov 1 – Home vs Porto, Champ
Nov 6 – Home vs Cordoba
Nov 20 – Away vs Sevilla
Nov 23 – Away vs Kobenhaven, Champ
Nov 26 – Home vs Deportivo
Nov 30 – Home vs Tottenham

For the Porto game, I am starting Raul Garcia, and I have Artiz back from injury and starting as well as Benat back after being tired. Right now in Group C, we are third with 3 points. Porto has 9, and Tottenham 6. If we manage to upend Porto or Tottenham in our place, and then beat Kobenhaven away, we’d only have 9 points, and still would not be guaranteed to qualify as we are three down right now. But at least it would help, so that it was I want. Two out of three. Vengeance! In the first 25 minutes, Porto have barely had the ball and haven’t even gotten off a shot. Then they score in the 26th minute on their first shot, a counter. A few minutes later, Williams feeds Artiz for a counter-score. Wiliams scores in extra time and it’s 2-1 us at the break. Don’t get complacent. I send in Gomez and Lopez. Williams hits Garcia for a score. Gorka at DMC heads in. We win 3-1, MOM is Williams.

Now, that win may, ultimately not matter much because Tottenham won, on the road, vs Kobenhaven.

Champion Group C

Porto, 9 points, +1 GD
Tottenham, 9 points, +9 GD
Athletic, 6 Points, 0 GD
Kobenhaven, 0 points, -10 GD

Now we have a shot, technically. If we win out then we’d finish with 12 points. That would include a loss for Tottenham. Assuming:

Porto beats Kobenhaven, we beat Kobenhaven, and we beat Tottenham, then we’d be at 12, 9, and 9, and 0, but if Tottenham can get a single point from Porto, then they would beat us.

So it’s still up for grabs, but we need two wins and some stuff to fall our way.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote