View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 07:16 AM   #141
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Benat out for 2-3 weeks, and I will start Iturrasape in that spot today in the home match vs our rival. Vengeance! I begin standard. Griezmann scores in the 25th. Then they get a yellow and that’s it. Quiet half. 1-0 half. Don’t get complacent, go out there and take ahold of this tie. Garcia scores in the 51st, and then Suseata follows. I send in Rico and Yeray. Then in the 73rd, they score, and it’s 3-1. Boveda in. In the 79th, they score again, and suddenly, we are tied on aggregate, so I move to counter expecting them to pull forward hard. No additional scores, and we survive, 7-7 tied, win on away goals, MOM is Griezmann. Congrats on the win!

Now I am a little concerned, statistically, on defense

At home: Sociedad had 9 shots, 6 on target. (We had 26 and 15). They got 2 goals from that.

Away, in their place, they had 14 shots, 8 on target, with 5 goals from that

So, in two games, they scored 7 goals with 14 shots on target, an average of 50%. That is horrible. And that’s not in one game, but in two. The only way we were in contention was our good offense, and a gift penalty in the box Williams scores off a shot that rebounded to him and he put away in the 55th

We cannot sustain that level of goals allowed. I’m not sure what happened. Maybe R. Sociedad just had our number.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote