View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #51
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Trying to catch up here, but good to see Gunn somewhat contribute even though he's somewhat retired.

Honestly, he was the biggest surprise for me last season, emerging as our second best central defender and earning more PT than he did in the first year. Since we splashed a ton of cash in upgrading our central defense, he's now just a depth/role player, but one I can still slot in comfortably.

@ Gillingham Town (8th)
G: Martin Childs
D: Andy Owens/Clive Jenkins/Josh Powell/Stephane Ngamvolou
DM: Marcus Casey
M: Jimmy Parker/Eddie Dunne
AM: Sean Coombes
S: Brad Henderson/David Way

12 - Ngamvolou with the longball to Way. Two defenders on him, but he steps to the left and centers to Henderson. It's a bit to trap and control, but then he scorches in the score. 1-0

57 - Parker is completely wrecked on a tackle, but he gets up just in time to get the ball back and play a beautiful feed into box space. Way wins the race and slips the shot home 2-0

59 - Hughes replaces Henderson, who has been awful since that initial goal, and Chibuike subs in for the spotty Owens

Solid all around win, keyed by Marcus Casey's 7.5 and an 8.0 PotM outing from David Way. It's 9th match in a row without a loss to start the Western Premier season.

@ Newport (IOW) (FA Vase Second Qualifying Round)
D: Andy Owens/Clive Jenkins/Josh Powell/Stephane Ngamvolou
M: Jimmy Parker/Eddie Dunne
S: Brad Henderson/David Way

We've had hard luck in cup competitions so far in my Sidmouth Town tenure, and I hope today is the day we start bucking that trend.

$1.92k loss last month.

13 - Stunning rainbow by Parker has Way racing into the box. Shot clangs off the crossbar, but the keeper's on the ground and can't get his mitts securely on the ball. As a result, Way literally walks it in! 1-0

33 - Henderson picks up the rocket from Dunne and bounce passes it to Way in the box. Somehow he finds the tiniest of holes in between two defenders and drills the goal home! 2-0

65 - Haig jumps in for Jenkins; Coombes drops to MC to replace tired Parker, Way downshifts to AMC, and Hughes comes on

88 - Our struggles at defending set pieces continues 2-1

Our defense was playing brilliantly right up until that last allowed goal, where we tanked from a bunch of 7+ performances to below that. As a result, at the end of the game, only PotM David Way's 8.8 is a highlight.

We pocketed $1.34k for that victory.

vs Oldland Abbotonians (Western League Les Phillips Cup Second Round)
D: Andy Owens/Kevin Haig/Clive Jenkins/Stephane Ngamvolou
M: Sean Coombes/Jimmy Parker
AM: David Way
S: Lewis Hughes/Brad Henderson

35 - Striker curse continues as Henderson is hurt. We switch to a 5-4-1 Diamond Narrow, with Way up front, Coombes at AMC, Ryan in at MC, and Knight getting his first taste of action as the 3rd DC

43 - It's right around the time Haig own goals that I realize I was stupid in that change. I didn't need to sit Hughes - I could have kept a 4-1-2-1-2 DM formation and not burned a sub. Fuck me. 0-1

54 - Our whole team has been playing like ass, but here Ryan makes a stunning sliding tackle. Way retrieves the ball, runs downfield, and crosses far side to Parker. Our star loanee got butthurt when I yelled at him at half, and he takes revenge by dribbling around the defense into the box and slamming the equalizer 1-1

68 - Fuck it. I spend my last sub switching Owens for Chibuike. The Nigerian-English kid is going to start next game, because I haven't been happy with Owens the last few matches.

My assman wants me to yell at the team for a disappointing performance at the end of regulation. I'm like WTF we came back for a draw. So I'm more positive than that, and the whole team is all "Looks to gain confidence".

103 - We injure two of their players back to back, and I don't see any subs, so we have a 2 man advantage , I think?

118 - Ngamvolou throws into Jenkins for the monster shot all the down to Way just outside the box. He dribbles in, and despite his complete awful game prior to this (6.4), he comes up with late heroics in spearing the diagonal shot! 2-1

And so ends the weirdest game of my FM career. We bounced back in a huge way - 7.5 for Clive Jenkins, 7.8 for Marcus Casey, 8.6 PotM from Jimmy Parker, 8.1 by Sean Coombes, and 7.5 off the bench by Leigh Ryan. Not at all happy about the 6.1 from Kevin Haig, but I'll let that shit go because we won.

That's also 6 wins in a row, a new club record! Brad Henderson is out for 2 weeks.

@ Welton Rovers (18th)
D: Ifeanyi Chibuike/Josh Powell/Stephane Ngamvolou
M: Tom Manning/Jimmy Parker/Eddie Dunne
S: Lewis Hughes/David Way

47 - Fucking Chibuike. I yank him immediately for Dafydd after that lazy shit 0-1

54 - Powell is out for Haig

73 - We fucking 0-2

75 - Suck ass 0-3

"Whatever the Welton Rovers manager said to his players at half worked". Go fuck yourself in the ass. My guys were all green, too. We crash to 2nd on goal differential.

Leigh Ryan gets hurt and is out 3-4 weeks.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote