Head Coach

@ Saltash (6th)
G: Martin Childs
D: Andy Owens/Clive Jenkins/Josh Powell/Stephane Ngamvolou
DM: Marcus Casey
M: Jimmy Parker/Eddie Dunne
AM: Sean Coombes
S: Liam Hughes/David Way

40 - Oh, look! Fucking screw up defending a corner kick. Our strikers are also shanking the ball like whores yank dicks 0-1

Owens is out at half for Chibuike. My kingdom for a DL who isn't a trashlord.

46 - Hughes kicks back to Parker for the long ball to Way. Into box, dribble, and my halftime screams in his ears, this time he doesn't miss. 1-1

52 - Back a month ahead of schedule is Jackson, who goes in for Hughes

84 - Ngamvolou laterals to Parker and the high ball into space is there for Jackson to pick up and run with. Twice now he's had shots blocked, but this third time is charmed because the defenders can't catch him, and there's my boy with the go-ahead goal!! 2-1

8.1 for Marcus Casey, 7.6 for Jimmy Parker, and an 8.1 PotM sub outing for Nicky Jackson, long may he wear the green, red, and white.

I've been mentioned for a few openings, and again I'm linked to Gloucester, but their finances are a mess, so no. Nicky Jackson shows me love after the game, and I'm just like, the feeling is mutual, bruh.

It's early in the season, but a clear Top 3 has emerged: Barnstaple, us, and Cribbs, the last of which just got a new owner. Beverley Town was again projected to win it all, but they've hit a cold streak, and are 7th. Luke Connolly has consolidated himself as an Icon there, by the way. Only he moved to Lincoln United last season for $5.5k.

vs Frome (20th)
D: Ifeanyi Chibuike/Clive Jenkins/Josh Powell/Stephane Ngamvolou
S: Lewis Hughes/David Way

3 - FUCK.YOU.REF. WAY WAS ONSIDES!!!!

At half, Coombes replaces Dunne, Way slides down to AMC, and Jackson comes on.

73 - Haig in for tired Casey

81 - Sucking today Way pops it high and up for equally shitty Hughes. Lateral back to Way in the box, and he laterals to out of nowhere Coombes for his first Vikings score!!! 1-0

Clive Jenkins was PotM with a 7.6, but I felt like overall we were better than that. And we're in 1st place! How tight is the table, BTW?

Western Premier (12 games played)
Sidmouth Town - 29 points
Cribbs - 28 points
Barnstaple - 27 points
Hallen - 19 points
Buckland - 19 points

So yeah. 8 point difference between 3rd and 4th.

Oh, and 122 people showed up to the Frome game, breaking our old club record. Sweet.

vs Clevdon (17th)
D: Ifeanyi Chibuike/Clive Jenkins/Kevin Haig/Stephane Ngamvolou
S: Nicky Jackson/David Way

9 - Another fucking set piece goal given up 0-1

25 - Haig hits the corner to Jenkins head, and with a bar assist, he gets his first Vikings goal and we get a fucking rare as a 10 girl set piece goal of our own 1-1

51 - Henderson in for Jackson as we spend a shit ton of money trying to get a win. Gunn goes in for Dunne

67 - Gunn with the clutch interception and long ball to Way. Two defenders are on him, so he crosses into the box, where a flying Henderson earns his dolla dollla bills with a fierce strike!!! 2-1

7.7 for Kevin Haig, 7.8 for Clive Jenkins, and matching 7.0 performances for Andrew Gunn and Brad Henderson off the bench. PotM was on other team, but we retain the lead. Meanwhile Barnstaple lost, opening up a 5 point cushion on them.

"Smoke and mirrors keep us waiting on a miracle" - yes, Justin, it still feels like smoke and mirrors that's got us in the miracle position of 1st

vs Deeping Rangers (FA Vase 1st Round)
D: Ifeanyi Chibuike/Clive Jenkins/Josh Powell/Stephane Ngamvolou
DM: Kevin Haig
M: Jimmy Parker/Marcus Casey
AM: David Way
S: Brad Henderson/Nicky Jackson

Uncharted territory for the Sidmouth Town Vikings - actually playing in the first round of an FA trophy tournament. To celebrate (and because of health issues), we're splashing the cash.

52 - I forgot to adjust my subs, so it's Gunn in for Parker and midfield switch

57 - It's been a rare bad night for Jenkins, so he sits for Dayfdd

Very unlucky to not get a win here, so it's on to a replay at their house.

Marcus Casey receives a one match ban to yellow card accumulation, which just so happens to be the replay. Great.

Even without the win money, we still pull a $1.04k profit for the month - our first true profit of the year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote