View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #480
Edward64
Head Coach

Been playing a massive game of Stellaris (just before the next update). I’m currently at 2650 and game not won yet but some notes for any fans here.

1) I grabbed a broken Dyson sphere early in the game. After getting the Mega Engineering later, I was able to repair it relatively quickly. You get 400 energy and like what others have said, doesn’t seem significant enough.

2) I got a chance to whup up on a Fallen Empire (not an Awakened Empire). Not much of a challenge when I got to it but what a prize! I got 3 systems with 1 functioning Ring world and 2 broken ones that needed repair.

3) I also got a chance to beat up on an Awakened Empire. I had fleet strength of about 450K and a friendly had about 200K vs the FE 550K. The battle was very, very slow so I saved and then just let it run overnight. When I looked at it the next morning, I had about 175K left and the friendly had colonized 2 systems. After, I colonized a couple more, the AE gave up. No cool prizes with this one just about 7 nice systems.

4) I won that battle but because I was weaken, a competing federation declared war on me and friends. I lost several systems early but bided my time as I need to rebuild my fleet strength. After a while, it accepted a white truce.

5) Just when I thought I would have a breather, another federation declared war on me. This time my fleet strength was close to original and was able win my wars goals.

6) So that was 3 wars pretty much in a row. The last FE/AE attitude towards me increased after I finished up the other AE. After the third war, the last AE was open to being invited to my federation. I offered and it accepted. Grateful for that, I didn’t want a fourth war.

As of now, there are 3 big federations. The AE in my federation is the big boy with a 1M fleet strength and I’ve got a total of 600K. Unfortunately, I can’t control the AE because federation members do their own thing. I think we have to essentially take over 1 other Federation and we should achieve the victory conditions.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote