View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 03:49 AM   #191
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Day Fifteen

Big Signings

FB Fred McCrary signed with the Bears The Bears landed the #6 free agent FB when they inked McCrary. The former Patriots back becomes just the latest in a long string of defections from the New England area. McCrary agreed to a $1.81 M/2-year deal. No other teams made him an offer.

S Arturo Freeman signed with the Cards It took a while and one swing and a miss on Dorsett, but we finally got that third key safety we were looking for. Freeman, who was a backup for Miami last year, was just a shade lower rated than the top available free agent safeties. He signed a $670K/1-year deal. Freeman turned down a slightly less lucrative deal from the Eagles in taking our offer.

FB Dan Krieder signed with the Giants Krieder becomes the second fullback to change addresses today. The former Steeler was rated as the #5 FB entering free agency. He signed a $2.04 M/3-year deal to move to the Big Apple. The Giants were Krieder's lone suitor.

FB Terrelle Smith signed with the Bills Smith must have really liked Buffalo. The #2 FB--with the upside to be as good as the #1 free agent FB Comella someday--took less from the Bills than he was offered by the Broncos and Panthers. Smith, who played with the Saints last year, signed for $4.22 M/4-years. The Broncos and Panthers were the only other teams on Smith.

Other Signings

The Bears signed G Zach Wiegert away from Houston for $2.52 M/2-years.
The Bills signed CB Donnie Abraham away from the Jets for $3.24 M/3-years.
The Jags signed CB Ray Mickens away from the Jets for $1.64 M/2-years.
The Jags signed OLB Henri Crockett away from Minnesota for $2.74 M/3-years.
The Browns signed OLB Derrick Rodgers away from New Orleans for $2.68 M/3-years.
The Niners signed CB Fred Thomas away from New Orleans for $3.19 M/3-years.
The Rams signed OLB Mike Vrabel away from New England for $7660K/1-year.
The Ravens signed DE Kenny Mixon away from Minnesota for $770K/1-year.
The Vikings signed S Damien Robinsons away from Seattle for $1.30 M/2-years.
The Ravens re-signed WR Marcus Robinson for $1.64 M/2-years.
The Browns signed P Micah Knorr away from Denver for $1.29 M/2-years.
The Panthers signed T Jonas Jennings away from Buffalo for $2.60 M/2-years.
The Patriots signed G Chris Gray away from Seattle for $3.50 M/3-years.
The Packers signed CB James Trapp away from Jacksonville for $800K/1-year.
The Browns signed T Everett Lindsay away from Minnesota for $2.61 M/2-years.

NOTES FROM DAY FIFTEEN

Not really much to report today. We don't have too many offers out there, and the only one I would call a need area is the one aimed at G Dave Fiore.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote