View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 10:51 PM   #610
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
I'll agree on that second part. His realization that football isn't everything might hurt him.

As far as building a franchise around those 3 QBs, I don't see any one of them being the guy who wins you a SB because they're just so good. I love having Cousins on the Redskins, and do want them to keep him even for huge money, but I don't think anyone puts him in that elite QB level where guys like Rodgers and Brady exist. I see Rosen as an NFL starter that is good enough to win with, but more so as the piece that pushes you over the top than the guy who gunslings you all the way to the title.
So Franchise QB is like Ace in baseball, where there's 6-8 guys in a 32 team league? Bad NFL franchises are generally that way because they can't find or develop even an average QB - f.e. the Colts have a terrible owner & are a poorly run organization, but because they lucked into having #1 when Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck were eligible they've made the playoffs a lot in the last 20 years.

I don't think Rosen or Darnold is in the same category those two were, but both clearly seem like worthy top 10 picks to me, and I guess we're just at the stage in the cycle where people feel the need to point out flaws & claim they're massively overrated because of those flaws instead of just saying, yeah they're both really good prospects, and seem like nice enough people they don't deserve to be drafted by the Jets.

Fwiw on Rudolph I haven't watched him enough to have an opinion on his game awareness, but he seems to have the arm talent & really lack pocket awareness/athleticism to elude the rush, so I could easily see him being very context dependent in the NFL.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote