View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 03:23 PM   #87
Radii
Head Coach

Alright, fast over. 210 hours is the final count! I'll eat not very much today, slowly reintroduce some foods, and over the next week or so we'll see where my weight settles in. I hope I got low enough to stay under 300 for good, but either way, this has been pretty awesome! I'll get back to ADF as soon as it feels reasonable to do so. My last two extended fasts I felt an INCREDIBLE amount of hunger on the 2nd and 3rd days after breaking the fast, and i'm going to go a little slower breaking this one due to the duration.

You can fuck yourself up breaking a fast. Google "refeeding syndrome". So you want to re-introduce foods slowly. I had a cup of broth an hour ago, and then had a handful of walnuts that I chewed up way better than i normally would heh. Most recommendations say to go with juices and stick with liquids on the first day, but I'm more interested in breaking my fast with Not-Carbs to limit the initial insulin response. Since I've actively been keeping my electrolytes up, the insulin stuff is really the only thing I'd worry about.

The odds of problems are very small for a fatass like me. I've seen lots of people talking about breaking a fast with a steak or a pizza and they just get the shits really bad. But still, trying to do things right

So I may not post daily for the next few days, I'll report on water weight gain, and once I get back on ADF we'll pick up the every other day posting there.

My initial goal for twitchcon was to get under 300, I think that's a guarantee now unless I have some kind of awful blowout. If I can get back on ADF in a reasonable amount of time I think its very possible to get to 290 before that trip now!! (my flight out is on October 18th)

Last edited by Radii : 09-29-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote