View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 12:02 AM   #160
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Williams out for 5-7 days for an injured ankle. He’ll miss the Copa match, as well Artiz...

Lopez signs his new deal offer. Fran heads out on loan to Getafe for a first team deal.

We will start Viguera at ST. I start San Jose for Martinez for the At. Madrid Copa match. Vengeance! Begin countering. Boring half, 0-0. You can still win this! They had 4 shots, 2 on target to our 2 and 1. They start getting yellows for persistent fouling, especially on Griezmann. I sub in Lopez, Rico, and Iturraspe. In the 75th I move forward to control. Get one score, and it’s extra time. Well, that’s game. MOM is Laporte, and we had a 0-0 tie, and lose 1-0 on aggregate.

We are knocked out of the Copa del Rey in the 5th leg. Also knocked out to Celta is Real Madrid. Williams should be back for the next game.

We host Celta, the 4th best team in the liga right now. They are on a high from taking out Real Madrid from the Spanish Cup, and we need to be careful. I have my best XI including Javi Martinez out there. For the fans! This is Laporte’s anniversary league game for us. Williams to Griezmann in the 7th for a goal. Half. Don’t get complacent! We have 10 and 3 on target to their 9 and 2. Unai Lopez finds Williams on a break away in the 57th. I ease back to standard. Oyarzabal to Greizmann in the 62nd. I send in Gomez and Iturraspe. Griezzmann to Williams in the 71st on another counter. I slide in Yeray. We win 4-0, MOM is Williams.

That’s my Athletic! After Celta clocked Real Madrid twice and knocked them out resoundingly 4-1 aggregate, we just trounced them, despite our morale tipping, despite their high, we just blew them off the pitch 4-0. That’s my team!

Javi Martinez, Greizzman, Kepa, Williams and Laporte all named Liga team of the Week!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote