View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #92
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

So we played the first game of the Ex2 season, and.....well...... I'm not so sure it went real well.

Overall, it was nice not to have to call the CPU plays. The game itself flowed a lot better. It was also nice to see how the engine runs with completely different players. That being said... Urquhart broke the game.

3 KR for 108 yds and 1 TD, 9 PR for 404 yds and 6 TD.

yikes.

Frankly, that's why I kept him in the league. I need to make sure freaks of nature don't completely break the engine.....and he broke it.

I'n not 100% sure what to do about this. It could be a matter of the Oranges ST being so crappy. I've been testing my updates against the Purples team, and I don't see anything close to this. It was just sad to watch the Oranges try to catch Urquhart. I wanted to cry for their dignity.

There was also the problem of the Oranges offense. We ended up winning the game 65-7. They have a top-2 QB and the best OL, but couldn't manage even the slightest bit of offense. The WRs couldn't get open, and that was pretty much the end of it. That's really not acceptable.

I'm going to see what I can do with the punt coverage and offense before the next game. If I can't get Urquhart under control, and get more reliable offense from WR-poor teams, we might have to call a false-start on Ex2 and make some more engine adjustments before trying again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oranges.jpg (423.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg greens.jpg (423.3 KB, 1 views)