View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 07:24 AM   #260
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Gotta learn to start looking ahead more when giving advice. Appears we can only use two of our Corps here, and given the situation we might well have been better off expanding the army to have larger ones as we have only a dozen brigades in a Corps, not 20. I assumed(incorrectly) that all three Corps would be involved. In the next campaign I'll correct that with more foresight given the game's mechanics in this area, but we could end up overmatched here. With apologies to Grant and Baldwin, I decided to leave the greener men of III Corps behind. They'll have the right of participation in whatever comes after this no matter what; but if we're going to be outnumbered, let's do it with our best men. Ergo I Corps forms the battle line under Stewart, Heintzelman's II Corps are the reinforcements(most of it, a couple brigades will be left out).

With this distribution, contrary to the description here, we are outnumbered 2:1. We haven't faced such odds in a while, and we'll have to rely on the AI ineptness in attack and hopefully superior quality of arms and training to win the day. This could prove interesting ...

This is some ways to the southeast, and the line extends northeast off the picture as you can see. Looks like a decent, but far from impregnable, position.

I'm betting 'may' means 'assuredly will' here. Defending on multiple fronts is rarely trivial.

This is to the extreme southeast.

Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote