View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #266
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Army-Level Choices

1. Emphasis -- Slight lean to veterans, over increasing numbers and/or upgrading weapons.

2. Reputation Investment

We sit at 39, which is a 'neutral' level with no morale effect.

** $50k funds(18 Rep.)
** 2.5k recruits(18 Rep.) -- These first two choices have the same cost, but half the benefit, as before. I'm not amused.
** Springfield M1855 x2000(7 Rep.) -- Several of our brigades use these, and they would make rebuilding I Corps faster and cheaper.
** Harpers Ferry M1855 x1750(7 Rep.) -- Similar but a hair better. Right now only York has them ... if we added these we'd probably expand to a second brigade using them, most likely Trimble or Race, the two best ones in the first division.
** BG Henry Slocum(4 Rep.)
** BG George Sykes(4 Rep.)

A little under 161k funds, 18k recruits, for the record. I expect to have extra manpower by the time we run out of money again. Recruits and the generals are advised against, the others are in the 'worth considering' pile. When it comes to generals, we now have five 'extras' at the brigade level, two below their optimal position of Corps Commanders. Suffice to say that as the army expands, we are not in danger of running out of top-level guys who can do the job. It's more the mid-level ones to handle large brigades that could prove troublesome. Still have yet to see a single divisional leader get wounded.

3. Weapon Sales

We have just under 3600 Re-Bored Farmers, and it probably boils down to whether we want to consider using them at all for I Corps. There are two other brigades possessing them but they will need very few due to command limit issues. We can get $5 apiece for those. I expect to use everything else that we have enough of to make a difference from a financial point of view.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-13-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote