View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 04:07 PM   #281
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Do I understand correctly that you are voting for switching emphasis from veterans more towards getting the recruits out there?

On the details, as of this moment we have $160,687 in the bank and 23,159 available recruits; you were right on in terms of what we have available.

Weapons Reference has all the new stuff, but to summarize here as it affects what you said, the relevant available infantry weapons:

** 5531 Re-Bored Farmer
** 3068 Springfield M1842
** 662 Palmetto M1842(that's the one slightly better and more expensive than the Springfield)
** 300 Lorenz
** 560 Springfield M1855

These are the ones we can buy significant quantities of beyond this if we need to. Either one of the infantry-rifle Reputation options would make it easier to add numbers to our better brigades -- IF we can stomach the price.

Campaign Planning

I should also mention that I do think it was arrogant of Gen. Stewart to put III Corps in front for the last battle; we would have struggled either way but rather than trying to get men experience, it's clearly more important right now to win some battles and preserve our men. Therefore the most prepared Corps will take the field from here on out. It's a photo-finish at the moment between I Corps and II Corps; probably going to be II Corps this time due to the way the brigades are picked for these, I Corps for the one after that, giving III Corps time to lick it's wounds and recover before 2nd Manassas.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-20-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote