View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #290
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Camp Results

I Corps

Race's Brigade -- +215, pretty equal numbers of rookies and vets. 814 men now.

Scales' Brigade -- Holding, decided not to add any more crews here due to needs elsewhere.

Durrell's Divison

Kemper -- +294, just over 100 of them rookies. Now at 877.
Hoke -- Due to the number of Springfield 1842s we have, I decided to upgrade here from the Re-Bored Farmers since we could do it for free and still have some to spread around elsewhere.
Birney -- +58 veterans. Per your instructions I could have gone with rookies, but he's good on numbers -- by far the largest cavalry brigade in the army. 590 now.

Seymour's Brigade -- A rare over-rule here. CO doesn't care, division commander wants the extra gun, but who knows what we might capture next battle to possibly get it for free, and more importantly we have a lot of depleted units that need the money. Seymour holds where he is.

Loomis's Division

** Moody -- No changes per orders.
** York -- The division orders resulted in more than 90% of the funds being available here. +287 veterans, for a total of 1209.
** Pease -- +164 veterans, maxing out at 2000.
** Wright -- No changes per orders.

III Corps

Baldwin's Brigade

145 more cavalry were added, to a total now of 409.

Summary

We used up all the Springfields we captured, and bought a lot more -- of both types. I Corps and II Corps are a little under 10k each in total, with III Corps rebounding to about 8100. Approximately 28 thousand in all, about 5-6k below where we were a few months ago but a lot better than things looked after Malvern Hill.

The treasury is spent again($57) with 17,228 recruits in the pool and growing. Not much in the way of weapons that anyone uses. 10 12pdr Howitzers, which isn't quite enough for a new brigade to get them.

II Corps is still looking a bit better than I Corps -- in the first couple of divisions there are still three infantry brigades with less than 900 men. The other one are all raw recruits. Definitely think Stewart will benefit from a little more time to prepare for the next battle. II Corps has a couple of weak brigades as well but things aren't as dire there. Heintzelman remains the guy to hopefully remind the rebels what it's like to crawl away from the field of battle in utter defeat.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-25-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote