View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #472
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
So, the UEFA Champions League kicks off in a couple of minutes...

After mulling over it for a couple of days, I have sent a letter to UEFA that after 22 years I decided to stop watching UEFA Champions' League matches, explicitly calling the absurdity surrounding Paris SG and their transfers with FC Barcelona and AS Monaco as the final straw. I highly doubt one man can make a difference, but I figured if I'm going to take a decision to boycott, I'd at least take the courtesy to let UEFA know I wish them the best in restoring the credibility of the competition. But as it is now, they've lost 1 of their 100,000,000s of fans.

I wonder how long I will be able to hesitate and actually uphold my decision...
It turned out to be easier than I thought. Aside from some hard to miss snippets of highlights due to being in a setting where the CL was on, I haven't watched any games from the first 5 group stage rounds. More interestingly, I haven't bothered to track scores and look at 'how to reach the knockout phase' scenarios, which I used to look at since the late 90's. From those scorelines that I did see (it's really impossible to block those in a football enthusiastic culture, while still having a subscription to a soccer magazine), I think I haven't missed anything worthwhile.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote