View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #53
Izulde
Head Coach

Youth Pulls
Trash as per usual. Really don't feel like investing in youth recruitment to improve them, either. Our focus needs to be on training facilities, once we have the money. Oh, by the way, we've been getting more TV cash I haven't reported, which keeps turning us profits every month.

Transfer Out - DC Hugo Delmaire (27) - To Avoine OCC
Was our starting DC for about half a season before getting overrun by much better talent. Weirdly, he goes to another team on the same level.

@ Plouzane AC (5th)
G: Romain Cagnon
D:Steven Da Veiga/Francois-Xavier Nguidjel/Kevin Van Den Kerhof
DM: Sessi D'Almedia
M: Mathis Clement/Najib Gandi/Robin L'Excellent
AMC: Mabidi Mayala
S: Ambroise Gboho/Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo

34 - Ndongo's corner kick bounces off a defender and to Clement, whose shot bangs off another defender and into the net for his first ever Roses goal!! 1-0

49 - Sigh. 1-1

52 - Mayembo goes in at DR and Rabetsimialona takes over for Gboho

72 - Man, I miss Pettier in the worst way 1-2

73 - UTTER TRASH!!!! 1-3

90 - Cagnon is done 1-4

Frustrating thing is, we played well enough to win overall. No way we should have been blown out by three goals. And of course, Saint-Nazaire AF just keeps right on winning.

While we're not in any danger of relegating, we could very well crash down the table if our poor run continues, and I might end up out of a job.

vs Saint-Nazaire AF (1st)
G: Hugo Foucher
M: Mathis Clement/Najib Gandi/Steve Shamal
AMC: Zian Maki
S: Ambroise Gboho/Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo

38 - Doesn't really matter who we put in goal, does it? 0-1

50 - Nope. 0-2

80 - Not at all. 0-3

We crash to fifth place. Losing Maxime Pettier pretty much destroyed our season. And honestly, it feels about right that we're not contending for the title anymore. We've had way too many defections and are having to essentially play a brand new team very late into the season.

International games happen. I don't even care anymore.

Kevin Van Den Kerhof is out 5-6 weeks, and he gets hurt two days before our next game. I mean, not that it matters.

vs USJA Carquefou Reserves (11th)
D:Steven Da Veiga/Francois-Xavier Nguidjel/Oscar Olou
AMC: Zian Maki
S: Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo/Elias Uzamukunda

[b]12[/g] - Given how ass we've been, I'll take an own goal gift 1-0

33 - Gandi cracks a rainbow down the left flank to Clement, who crosses to Uzamukunda for the muscled in header off the upright. I probably should have been starting him ever since Noc went down 2-0

36 - Throw in to Gandi for the cross to Uzamukunda, and very neat trick by our Rwandan striker. Two defenders in his face, so he knocks a header back to Shamal for his first ever Roses goal! 3-0

44 - Charge by Da Veiga, who I adjusted to a Limited Fullback role before the game, leads to a boom shot down the left flank to Clement. He heads it ahead of himself, the defense gets it, and Clement just bullys the ball off the defender, shooting it into the net. This is exactly the kind of tonic we needed - a relegation candidate team that has no confidence in themselves 4-0

Right now, I'm just hoping we can finish out the season with a Top 3 showing. 4 games left.

Regardless of our disappointments on the pitch, this season has been amazing financially. We currently have over $440k in the bank, and we're listed as Secure for the first time.

I decide now is the time to talk to the board, which leads to this:

We currently have Poor training facilities, which is the very lowest as per passion4fm.com:

Code:
The training facility levels are as follows from worst to best: Poor Basic Below Average Adequate Average Good Impressive Great Excellent State of the Art

We're spending around $325,000 for improvements, with the work expected to be complete by October. It eats most of our cash, but it's well worth it, thanks to all the guys we've brought in with great potential, but who have a ways to go to develop into it.

@ SC Beaucoze (7th)
DM: Franklin Wadja
AMC: Sebastien Salles-Lamonge
S: Tsihorana Rabetsimialona/Malhory Noc

5 - And of course, our star player Gandi goes out with injury. Wadja moves up to MC and Kola comes in

27 - Bullshit 30 yard strikes piss me off. 0-1

39 - Wadja to Shamal for the lateral to Noc. Perfectly placed box feed to Rabetsimialona, and we equalize. 1-1

47 - Da Veiga throws long to Rabetsimialona, and he short crosses into the box for Clement's run. Surprising pop ball goes over the keeper's head and into the net just before half! 2-1

51 - Awful defensive coverage all around on that one. Mayembo goes in for Da Veiga, who is inconsistent as shit. 2-2

70 - Mayembo throws in to Kola for the play up to Salles-Lamonge. Threaded pass into the box has Noc knocking in his first goal in his first game back 3-2

79 - Rabetsimialona has three defenders on him outside the box, but somehow he manages to thread the needle between them out to Clement. The double team rushes over to cover our left wing, but he simply drops the return pass into the box, and Rabetsimialona drills in the insurance!!! 4-2

Very important win for position. Everyone on the field at the end of the game except for Romain Cagnon and Fernand Mayembo had 7.1 or higher. We were keyed by the boys up front: PotM Tsihorana Simialona (9.0), Malhory Noc (8.7), Sebastien Salles-Lamonge (9.0), and Mathis Clement (8.7). The victory jumps us to third place

Najib Gandi is out for almost two months, which effectively means his season is over.

Three games left. Saint-Nazaire AF has all but mathematically clinched the title and promotion to CFA 2 next year. The rest of the table is a real dog fight. There's a very interesting distribution of bands in the league that I'll talk about at season's end.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote