View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #55
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm amazed Mabidi Mayala ran away with the award as much as he did. Didn't see that coming at all.

No question this was our weakest area of the team after Maxime Pattier and Gjoko Zajkov left. It's something we're going to hit heavily in the offseason to try and get some better talent in here. Oscar Olou continues defying age.

How about that Robin L'Excellent, though? Way out performing everyone and showing he deserves to have the starting spot at MR. I'm really happy with our midfield overall, and don't see any reason to make changes at the moment. I think that's one of the big mistakes I made this season - rather than stick to the guys I already had who were playing well, I went into to massive upgrade mode.

We're perfectly fine here - I like all of these guys, especially since Tsihorana Rabetsimialona finally started putting it all together in the second half of the season.

Like I said, definite layers - Saint-Nazaire AF on their own plane, then 2nd - 6th all bundled close together, 7th and 8th in their own little community, and then 9th - 12th was a complete and total shitshow, there to beat up on each other and serve as fodder to the rest of the league.

Oh, nice!!! The bill came in at $25k cheaper than expected (hope that doesn't mean somebody cut costs). Better still, the money's applied immediately, which means we're actually going to show a loss this year and not have to pay taxes. A rare bright spot in a dismal season.

We lost almost $297k for the season due to the upgrading of training facilities. Slight bump in sponsorship from $12.18k to $12.25k. On the other hand, we made just over $300k in revenue, so we're a legitimate low level club now.

Increased ability for Franklin Wadja, which is nice to see.

I mean, no pressure or anything, right? Oh, there's a couple neat little surprises coming up for those of you who have been following along.

We're also now the 4th most prestigious club in the Ligue Atlantique, behind three reserve teams that probably benefit from their senior squads. The board had me Stable as the end of the season, but now I'm upgraded to Secure because I rejected a job speculation from a team in financial hell.

Transfer In - AMC/MC Tiago Escorza (21) - From AS Mulsanne-Teloche
I thought he was going to be more raw than what he came in as, which is our second best AMC. 12 First Touch, 10 Passing, 14 Technique, 13 Flair, 11 Vision, 13 Acceleration, 11 Pace. He's been a solid player at this level for different teams, as he's bounced around a bit.

Transfer In - DM/MC Aissa Laidouni (22) (Tunisian) - From Limoges FC
Yep, we got my favorite DM back. He'll slot right back in to his old starting position, and fight to get back into the All-Time starting 11. Right now, he's on the subs there. So very, very excited to return him. He did okay with the CFA 2 team the last couple of years.

Transfer in - DC Antoine Goblet (24) - From FC La Chapelle-des-Marais
In-league steal, and he was listed as one of their two key players in the season preview. Oops. 12 Marking, 11 Tackling, and stellar all around mental and physical attributes. He'll get the starting nod, because I really, really like his game.

Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo stays in his role as team captain, but Mathis Clement gets the vice-captain nod.

Favored Club - RC Doue-la-Fontaine - Player
Mabidi Mayala

Izulde Jestor - Favored Personnel
Cyrille Allard

Favored Personnel - RC Doue-la-Fontaine
Thibault Rambaud
Mabidi Mayala
Francois Rio
Emilien Fransquet
Izulde Jestor (Manager)

Guadeloupe is in the Gold Cup, with a tough draw of the US, Haiti, and Canada. They beat Haiti 1-0 and Malhory Noc comes on as a sub with a 6.8 rating. Top 2 teams in the group advance to the quarterfinals. Notably absent from the team: Mathieu Coquin.

The board expects us to win the league, and they want a repeat performance of the 64e de Finale showing in the French Cup. Hilariously, they don't care at all about the Coupe Atlantique.

I've been lazy with friendlies before, so we've only had 2 or 3 each season - the offered ones. This year, we're playing 9 friendlies in total to get everyone up to match speed before the season starts.

Expected 0-3 loss to the US, Malhory Noc getting a 6.5 as a reserve. He gets the start against Canada the next game, and posts a 6.6 in an 0-4 beatdown. Incidentally, we've had a lot of other players getting international callups and caps - I just haven't been reporting on them because they've been friendlies, and I only care about major competitions.

Code:
Season Ticket Sales: 45 (Unchanged) Bank Balance: $156,551 (-$91,621) Estimated Value: $180k (-$95k) Average Ticket Price: $8 (Unchanged) Average Season Ticket Price: $65 (Unchanged) Reputation: Oscure All basic or poor stuff Stadium capacity: 500 Average attendance: 174 (+22, and just 8 away from our Season 2 record) Media Prediction: 1st My Reputation: 15% (Unchanged)

The hit in valuation is tied directly to our bank balance. I expected to see that go up once our facilities are complete.

Exauce Ndongo Ngassaki gets a goal and 7.8 rating in the Third Round of African U23 Nations Qualifying, as Congo upsets Egypt 3-2 and qualify for the African U23 Nations Cup. Very, very cool. Which of course means someone will probably steal him.

I'm chuckling that Steven Da Veiga and Kevin Van Den Kerhof are listed as our key players in the season preview, and that we're allegedly short of quality at striker. Not by my lights, bro.

Transfer In - MC Durel Avonou (21) (Congolese)
We signed him sight unseen off the Congo U23 squad. The fans absolutely rave over the kid's potential, but he's going to have a lot of competition to fight to get to that top MC spot, which has been taken over by Franklin Wadja after Najib Gandi's slight decline. I could maybe see him as our third MC, but we'll see.

If our friendly season is anything to go by, there's going to be goals on both sides throughout this campaign. Romain Cagnon is definitely a problem in the net, but so far we haven't been able to find anyone who is a clear upgrade.

Transfer Out - GK Romain Cagnon (22) - To Dinan Lehon FC ($16.25k)
You have *got* to be shitting me. Granted, our fans are happy about this, and I sort of am, too, but fuck me running, I can't believe someone paid his ass. Hugo Foucher isn't any better, but he's who we're stuck with until I finish turning over every damn rock.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote