View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 08:10 AM   #414
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I got a lot of talent in their last year I need to make decisions on: QB Lofton, TE Peters, P Lynn, C Tate, RT Bailey, RG Conley, LB Hanson, WR Holbert, DE Eiguren, DT Time Stone, CB Dave Vaughn. All of them were good, solid players. All of have question marks. Underplaying their talent level (Tate), expensive (Lynn, Peters), aging, (Holbert) or backups that want serious cash to stay (Eiguren, Conley, Vaughn)

Now I’ma start with CB Cook, not on this list. As a pricey nickel last year, and then giving him starts at S when we had too many injuries, he had.... 0 picks and a mighty 4 pasdef. Time to cut bait. He’s clearly dropped in quality to 50/50 and in stats. I cut Louis Cook.

That; saves me 14 mill in cap space this year. Now, let’s make an offer to extend...

TE Peters. This is going to have a major sticker shock, but I think for the first time he’s arguably worth it, as opposed to others like TE Perry or Lluellyn who never really played up to their talent level.

Here’s the deal:

5 years, 80 mill. I make it flatish

Cap hits each year – 14.5, 14.2, 14.5, 14.6, 23.7

That will keep him in line. His cap hit was 6.5 mill before I jumped to 14.5. So I still have 35 mill in cap room after that.

Next...

Do I want to pay 31.2 mill to a Punter for 4 years? Lynn, man, sorry. I’m not there.

I extend Lofton by a year. 80 mill, 2 years. Guy is getting paid.

To extend Holbert I’d need to go from 7 mill this year to 45 mill over 3 years, and jump to 15 mill this year. Lots fo cash for a 10th year vet at WR.

Because he didn’t get a lot fo play, Conley is angry. So I trade him. I ship him to Green Bay for their 4th next year and 6th two years later.

DT Stone – 42 mill, 4 yeas
DE Eiguren, 2 years, 9 mill

Tate wants an epic amount of cash. Like 100 mill over 5 years epic. Now if he was playing at a All Pro level of play, sure, I’d consider it. But now? In three years a my starter he has just 69 KRB, 7 pancakes and 14 sacks allowed. He’s never sniffed the panties of an All Pro. Now, his block % has increased each year, from 18 to 32 to to 34.. But his sacks increased last year to 7. He is the 3rd highest rated current O Line in the league. Why is he not playing more like Sandmeyer? Or many other Cs?

So, I’ma hold off. I can’t commit my future cap that hard to a guy who can’t produce on the field. If he does this year, I can tag him. If not, I can tag P Lynn.

Should I trade Eiguren? Or just sign him for another year. He’s good. I can either get the 2.6 this year from the Jags and trade them my 3.32 to upgrade, or I can get a future 2nd. He’s young, cheap, and on the rise. I trade Eiguren to the Jags for their 2nd rounder next year.

I extend DT Stone.

I’ll hold off on the others until I’m sure.

End Stage

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote