View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 11:02 PM   #428
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, with Flemming out of the league, I’m feeling a little nostalgic. Let’s look at Hall of Fame players from this dynasty:

There are four major types of Hall of Famers that you can get in FOFC. I am dividing these into those groups:

Players you inherited when you took over a team that were already good:

Cleveland - OT Joe Thomas

Players you signed as Free Agents who made the HOF after being contributors to your team:

NA

Players you drafted but left and had their HOF career elsewhere, or who you signed late in their career and spend a year or two with you before retirement.

NA

Players you drafted and who spent the majority of the HOF career on your roster: (For this purpose, I do consider those I brought in as undrafted free agent rookies)

Cleveland – DE Joey Horner, Undrafted FA
Cleveland – QB Brandon Arledge, Undrafted FA
Cleveland – DE Julio Stanton, 2.27
Cleveland – OT Shon Coleman, 3.13
Cleveland – RB Diego Lorey, 1.3
Cleveland – WR Dustin Wright, 1.32
Cleveland – SLB Karl Rincon, 1.31

It’s still too early for my KC players who retired to start making the HOF. We all know Flemming will be in. I would expect WLB DeAndre Jacobs as well, with his 96 sacks, 4 All Pros, and continuing to play. 5 Rings. I would have thought Tamm was going to make it, but he suffered a mid-career collapse to his skills as a QB. With a couple more good high quality seasons, or three or four not-good ones, OT Axel Kelley would have the chops. Sandy? Back to being a FA after another tenure in Settle was lost. His numbers dropped in the last three years with injuries. But with longevity, I could see it (Centers need a lot more KRB, so the 400ish threshold for OTs and OGs for KRBs is more for Cs). Will Cleveland have DT Damien Alcott make it? KC’s De Nicky Cobb? DT Lenny Sterne? You get the idea, I’m sure.

On my current team, Big Toth and Mad Mau have the ability, but not the ongoing stats yet. Toth needs to have one or two big seasons to get there, he’s 54.5 in 5 seasons. Mad Mau is 53 in the same. CB Horner already has 12 picks in 3 years.

So this is my dynasty, and I can do it. I cheat. I decide to put my dynasty on autopilot for a few years. Move everything it having my staff draft, my staff sign, my staff run everything. Total AI autopilot.

We go 9-7, miss the playoffs, and then, the new Hall of Fame includes DT Damien Alcott, so he made it in. DeAndre Jacobs retires. Then we go 8-8. And no one is added to the HOF from my zone of control. Then 5-11. Then 8-8 and a win in our AFC West and loss. Flemming makes it. Then 5-11 and Jacobs makes it.

So no to Cobb and Sterne and many others of quality. Just Jacobs and Alcott, Flemming from the KC years. So sad. So sad.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote