View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #75
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

As for my fantasy college basketball team - Minnesota A&M - we started the year 3-3 and then lost five straight. We’ve won our last two, including this past week’s first game of the conference portion of our season. If I want to get into the post-season, our ticket will be through winning our conference. I see to have figured out some ways to identify talent, scouring the field and retooling our roster to where I think I’ve got an ideal setup of guys to get us into the post-season.

The trick? HBCU guys. It turns out, during the conference season, they’re a good secret weapon because some of those SWAC teams play uptempo offense and SOMEBODY has to score all those points, so there are a lot of underrated guys that people aren’t paying attention to, but they’re only useful during the conference part of the year.

We’ll see if my theory works, because if it does, we’re going to win our conference and beyond, but in the meantime…

We’re playing Calvert this week, they also won their first conference game and are also a similarly bad record team overall. We outscored them last week and they don’t have the sorts of guards that score highly that we do and he plays 3 forwards in his starting lineup which historically doesn’t work as well because guards tend to be more volume productive.

Here’s my lineup this weekend. Barring some against the trends performance by these guys, we should be in good shape this weekend. I had to debate whether to play McKnight from UAPB or Pookie Powell from Lasalle. Powell had a HUGE week this past week, scoring 43 total points, but his team isn’t very good and I’m more interested in a consistent guy that can get us 25-30+ points, than hoping for a 40+ guy and ending up with someone who only goes for 20 or something.

Code:
F Zachary Hamilton, Prairie View A&M (Sa) F Justin Strings, Sacramento State (Sa) G RJ Cole, Howard (Sa) G Martaveous McKnight, UA Pine Bluff (Sa) G Luwane Pipkins, UMass (Su)

There are 5 more regular season games -- including this one. We'll take them one at a time, but I think for once I've managed to assemble a roster that should be able to compete over the next few weeks. If not, well...it won't be for a lack of effort that's for sure.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote