View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 10:16 PM   #80
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Scored the most points of any team last week, to move up to 3-1 in conference and 7-9 on the season.

One more win out of our last two regular season games and we clinch the conference title and a post-season bid. If we lose both games and Brooklyn wins out, we don't make it. If Deustchtown wins out and we lose out, then they win the conference.

But long story short, we control our own destiny. I feel good about my lineup this week against a Calvert team we already beat this season, but I don't like to get cocky. If my HBCU duo of RJ Cole and Martaveous McKnight show up as they have the past few weeks, we're going to be in okay shape.

It's really been the tale of two seasons for this team. Two of our losses were games we should've won, a one-point loss earlier in the year and then that loss to Brooklyn that was mostly me not paying attention to matchups before setting up my lineup rather than just going with gut or feel.

I feel good about our chances, largely because even when we haven't been winning, we've been scoring well. McKnight right now is playing like absolute garbage, 0 for 6 from the field early in the 2nd half of their game and if he doesn't get going, well...that's going to really bork things for me.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote