View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #81
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I swapped McKnight for Pookie Powell who was supposed to play tonight against another one of my players from UMass, Luwane Pipkins. But Powell sat tonight with a hammy. I don't have anyone on my roster who plays tomorrow and I can't sacrifice the points, so I went searching for subs.

I dropped Junior Etou (Tulsa), Joel Berry (UNC) and Trevon Bluiett (Xavier), the latter two I'd benched halfway through the year anyway and since they're seniors, there's no real harm in getting rid of them.

In their place:

G Tyler Kohl (JR), Central Connecticut
G Denzel Mahoney (SO), Southeast Missouri State
G Devin Cannady (JR), Princeton

All three are top 15 players in their respective conferences and while they're going to be backups for me, it'll be fantastic to have high octane guards I can use when Powell/McKnight/Pipkins aren't able to play or when I'm afraid the matchups are such they'll go cold.

As I said before, if we win this week vs. Calvert, we clinch a tie for conference title. Brooklyn could still steal the autobid, if they win out, because we play them again in Game 18. If they lose this week and we win, it's a moot point. Deustchtown can only tie us if they win out and we go 1-1, so...they're not a threat. (Also, they have a good enough record to make the post-season as an at-large team, so it doesn't matter.)

Considering Brooklyn beat me largely on a fluke (and by less than 10 points) there's probably nothing to really worry about, but it's really satisfying to take a team that really has no business in this position and getting them (potentially) into the post-season. We're the only potentially .500 team that has a post-season shot, and sweeping our conference leader as we've done is no small feat because no other conference has a team like that. (Two of the 4 conference leaders are undefeated in-conference.)

I mean, it comes down to superior data and research and it's a lot similar to how I won the college football title my first year in that league.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote