View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #82
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's how up and down this season was.

After ending up 3-3 and having some energy, we dropped FIVE straight. I'd mostly given up, until I realized all we had to do was win the conference and we'd be okay. So I set out on a plan to do that and after last night's victory, we did precisely that.

We're going dancing. Never before in the history of this league (that I could find) had a team that wouldn't have otherwise qualified for the post-season managed to get into the Big Dance by winning their conference.

At best, we can end the season 9-9 heading into the dance. If Brooklyn sweeps the season series with us, they can't qualify for the title because they lost last week to Deutschtown (who we swept and thus have the tiebreaker over) and we'll be 8-10 and the first losing record team to make the post-season.

I'd prefer to finish strong, but I did end up using a three-forward lineup for the first time in weeks as opposed to riding my guards. It won't matter for seeding, we're a 4th seed no matter what, since conference champs get preferential seeding.

Besides the Brooklyn game where I just messed up lineup-wise, we're scoring well over 150+ a game the past few weeks. If I can average 150+, we have a good chance of advancing into the later rounds.

The real issue is, the top teams have a tendency to sometimes score well over 180, as they have a lot of combo guards and forwards who bleed double-doubles. If we lose to that, I'm not going to have any shame, but I feel like we had a lot of unnecessary bad losses early in the season.

For Game 18 going into the playoffs, I really ought to add one more impact forward if I can and replace that senior from Florida A&M with someone I can trust if I need them.

Quote:
Pawnee 109, MAMU 67
Kentucky Tech 155, MAMU 109
MAMU 129, Irvington 104
Chicago 170, MAMU 144
MAMU 141, Golden Isles 140
MAMU 153, Southern Atlantic 127
Dennison State 124, MAMU 107
Continental 156, MAMU 121
UW Lower Columbia 115, MAMU 114
Redmond 136, MAMU 123
Coastal California 152, MAMU 136