View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #73
Izulde
Head Coach

No one wants to take a part-time contract yet, so we'll wait for the rollover to next season.

@ Sable FC (4th)
G: Yorgan Edem Agblemagnon
D: Evan Jean-Lambert/Antoine Goblet/Roman Laspalles
DM: Sessi D'Almeida
M: Mathis Clement/Aissa Laidouni/Robin L'Excellent
AMC: Laureintz Rosier
S: Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo/Cyrille Allard

We're paying Evan Jean-Lambert, but everyone else here is free, as we've literally nothing to play for. Title? Won. Breaking the single season scoring record, both individual and team? Done

31 - Clement to Rosier to just ahead of injured Ndongo. He scores his 29th goal of the year with ease, and he'll need to score again before halftime if he wants to get 30 on the season. 1-0

Bouanga comes for Ndongo at the break.

77 - Boukabous makes it an all Bou ST pairing by subbing in for Allard

It wasn't pretty, but Laureintz Rosier's surprise PotM 9.1 rating at AMC, a position he's not comfortable with, a 7.8 by Antoine Goblet, and a 7.5 from Aissa Laidouni cap off our year with a victory.

The $21.42k prize purse for winning the league puts us back in the black by about $5.6k for the season.

I'm a little in awe we pulled out the title in our first season. We beat out bigger, richer clubs to promote up. Remember, I said I figured we'd be here for a few years, but our fairy tale ascension continues.

Arguably the best season ever out of our backline. No weak players there. Our GK situation is the best it's been, too - two quality keepers who will fight it out. We've a battle on our hands for the starting DL spot. I'd like a DR upgrade if I can find one that's young enough. We initially had a deal for a 29 year old, but I canceled it at the last minute. There's danger ahead at DC - Karamoko Kouko's ambitions have outgrown the club, and he's not interested in committing himself long-term. I suspect we'll see him stolen away in the summer.

What a dream pairing Yassine Benrahou and Didine Mohamed-Djouhary are up at AMC. That also likely won't last - Benrahou is pissed at broken promises and wants out. Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo had the best season by a Rose striker since Mickael Bernardo the first year, and has surpassed Elias Uzamukunda as the greatest attacker ever to don the blue and white. Unfortunately, his non-contract demands are too high for us to keep him, so he could get poached as well.

Six players were inducted this year, including a few starters. This lineup in its prime would be a great group for sure. It'll be interesting to see how these continue to change as the seasons go by.

No arguments with any of this, though I'm stunned the Player of the Year vote wasn't closer, and that Ndongo didn't win it. Benrahou is definitely deserving, however.

Icons
Izulde Jestor - Manager
Thibault Rambaud - Player

Favored
Mabidi Mayala (Ret.)
Yassine Benrahou
Francois Rio
Malhory Noc
Cyrille Allard (!)
Emilien Fransquet

Man, what does Ndongo have to do to feel the love?

Favored Club - Doue-la-Fontaine
Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo
Malhory Noc
Yassine Benrahou

Favored Personnel - Izulde Jestor
Cyrille Allard
Karamoko Kouko
Roman Laspalles

Nice to see a couple more guys showing me the love.

Our jersey sponsorship skyrockets from $23.65k to $37k, a just under $14k jump! Unfortunately, that means we're going to have to pay that $14k in taxes on our profits. Boo.

Yassine Benrahou set a CFA 2 single season record with his 7.85 average rating.

When the season rolls over, the board informs me they'll pay out part-time contracts to First Team and Key Players dudes. Phenomenal! ...Only everyone's looking for a big money payday just about, who fits that category, and we're nowhere near close enough for that.

Re-signing - GK Aubry Cabioch (22) - 2 years, $10k/year - $1.5k loyalty bonus
4.5* upside, and though he had a few hiccups, he got better as the season wore on. His value is $27k after signing, so he could be spun for a tidy profit - especially if he develops into his rumored upside. It also ends the question of who our starting keeper is next year.

Re-signing - AMR/MR/MC Amine Belahmeur (23) - Algerian - 2 years, $20k/year - $1.5k loyalty bonus
4* upside and we probably paid too much to keep him, but he does have a shiny new $49.5k valuation. If we sell him off at some point, Robin L'Excellent can step in if we opt to ink him. My assman actually has gone back to rating the later higher, but can't ignore the kid's upside

We get $53.57k in TV money, which is lower than I expected.

Transfer In - MC/AMC Adel Zainek (22) - 2 years - $125.k/year - $1.5k loyalty bonus
Average CFA player right now, but bristling with 4.5* upside. Only Balance (3) is below 11 in Physical attributes, and he has 13 First Touch, 11 Passing, 13 Technique, 12 Decisions, 16 Teamwork besides. Has some work to do before he'll be a true fit for the DLP role in our 3-1-3-1 DM formation, but he'll be great as a CM in our 3-1-5-1 DM setup. We've been hunting a long time for a major MC upgrade, and he's it. Also tops our valuation chart at $53k. Although a free, the board deducted $525 from our transfer budget after the signing.

We averaged 262 people last year, smashing our old record of 206. Hopefully that continues.

Um, wot? Okay, here's the real story - we're projected to finish 10th among the 16 teams. The bottom two teams relegate, and only the winner goes up to the National level. We're definitely in big time now, however. There's Ligue 1 reserve teams at this level, and everyone takes home prize money, even those who drop.

Oh, and we paid out $22k in squad bonuses last year for winning the league.

It's the start of the transfer window again, and we're going to take a break here. We've got 3 players locked down to guaranteed contracts for the next two seasons, but our overall talent is quite mediocre. Then again, that's not surprising - even with a big jump in stature after our surprise CFA 2 win, we were in the lower-middle tier of reputation.

But I'm ecstatic that I *finally* got an amateur side all the way up to where we can offer some players money and lock them in. It's the greatest FM success I've ever had.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote