Old 02-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #96
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Westside (6th)
GK: Nathan Thompson
D: Sean Jones/Dean Prosser/Josh Knight/Graham Blake
M: Sidney Howes/Kevin Storey/Michael Turner
ST: Ricardo Yarde/Moses Solomon/Gareth Wiltshire

Short turnaround here - shorter still for the guys who played in the Reserves game after our last match.

20 - Jones picks up a clearance and high balls it to Yarde in the box. Header to Solomon, and I think the shot is going to be high, but it hits the net for his first Iron goal!!! 1-0

Johnson in for exhausted Jones at the half.

52 - Hart gets his debut, replacing Storey

56 - Prosser is badly dinged, but he'll have to play on. Baker-Timms has his debut as well, subbing in for Wiltshire

58 - Yarde intercepts a bad throw-in and passes to Baker-Timms, taking the longball return and racing down the right flank. He cuts into the box and rather than shoot, crosses back to Turner, who puts the ball past the fooled keeper for his own first Iron goal!!! 2-0

Michael Turner is PotM with a 7.9 and Darren Prosser has his first great game with a 7.5. Bit of an ugly win, but we'll take it - especially since we were without our main dude.

vs Horsley (Surrey County Intermediate Cup First Round)
D: Sean Jones/Kadell Johnson/Simon Hart/Robert Proctor
M: Michael Turner/Kevin Storey/Ellis Blizzard
ST: Moses Solomon/Callum Parker/Gareth Wiltshire

Meant to start Callum Fry in goal today, but forgot.

7 - And I'm going to pay for that error 0-1

8 - Perfect corner kick placement by Proctor to Johnson, who fiercely kicks it in as two defenders close on him. The immediate answer is his first Iron goal! 1-1

23 - Yep, big mistake. 1-2

44 - Unbelievable 1-3

Proctor moves in to DC at half, letting shitty Hart sit. Blake is in at DR.

53 - Howes replaces Turner; Solomon moves to attacking MC, replacing Storey, and Chatziaros makes his first appearance, at ST.

Absolutely pathetic loss. But I'm slowly figuring out who to trust and who not.

vs Chessington KC
D: Sean Jones/Dean Prosser/Robert Proctor/Graham Blake
M: Sidney Howes/Moses Solomon/Ellis Blizzard
ST: Ricardo Yarde/Callum Parker/Gareth Wiltshire

Experimenting with hot hands here. Michael Turner keeps giving away possession with bad passes, so he's on the bubble to be dropped completely. Simon Hart has been just bad all around.

40 - Howes picks up a clearance and passes to Blake in the box, right side. There's a lot of space, so he ground crosses to Yarde, who spears the perfect diagonal in. 1-0

Johnson takes over for Proctor; Chatziaros for Yarde at half, because these fuckers hurt both of them in the first half.

54 - Piss-poor handling by Thompson there 1-1

61 - Baker-Timms goes in for Parker

91 - MOTHERFUCKING DAMN IT!!!!!!! 1-2

Robert Proctor is out a month and half, Ricardo Yarde a month. You can bet I lit holy hell into the team for collapsing like that.

On the bright side, 112 people showed up, nipping the record of 109 set way back in 2016.

[b]Transfer In - ST Ian Kirby (18) - From

@ NPL FC (10th)
GK: Callum Fry
D: Sean Jones/Dean Prosser/Kadell Johnson/Graham Blake
M: Sidney Howes/Kevin Storey/Ellis Blizzard
ST: Moses Solomon/Callum Parker/Gareth Wiltshire

7 - At this point you have to ask yourself - was it all just a flash in the pan? 0-1

28 - Yep. 0-2

43 - Parker to Wiltshire just in the box, and receives it back. Dribble, shot, and there's the birthday goal 1-2

53 - Chatzarios for Solomon; Knight for Prosser; Johnson out to DL and Turner in at DC

64 - FUCK.YOU. WILTSHIRE WAS TOTALLY ONSIDES!!!!

92 - We draw a PK and Parker pots it in for the late equalizer 2-2

So the staff can eat my ass with their stupid suggestions. I'm going to go with what I wanted to this whole time, and if they don't like it, they can fuck right off.

vs NPL FC (Surrey Southeast Combination Intermediate Cup Second Round)
GK: Callum Fry
D: Sean Jones/Dean Prosser/Kadell Johnson/Graham Blake
DM: Michael Turner
M: Kevin Storey/Sidney Howes
AM: Callum Parker
ST: Moses Solomon/Kostos Chatziaros

4-4-2 Narrow Diamond. Let's do this shit on the rematch.

32 - They're constantly forcing us back into a reset with Fry kicks. Finally, Blake nudges past a defender and passes into box space, with Chatziaros slipping forward and getting his first Iron goal!!! 1-0

51 - Knight for Prosser and Baker-Timms for Solomon

60 - JFC 1-1

86 - Time for me to quit this dynasty 1-2

92 - Or maybe not! Blake with the clutch 30 yard free kick to send this into extra time! 2-2

108 - Johnson runs down a long clearance and sends it sailing down the middle of the pitch to Parker just outside the box. Smooth pass to Chatziaros inside, and there's the go-ahead goal!!! 3-2

117 - And there goes Chatziaros off with injury. We've had incredibly shitty injury luck so far. Wiltshire comes in.

9.0 and PotM for Graham Blake, 8.6 for Callum Parker, and 8.8 for Kostas Chatziaros before getting knocked out. Josh Knight damn near cost us this game.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote