View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 11:33 PM   #1097
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Is that part of the restrictions of the plane, can't use 9th level spells multiple times per day?

Good questions!

So most magic rules on various planes have no such Highlander "there can be only one" restriction on mage magic. So the initial plane Alzar came from, Thorasia, did;t have ti either. You saw him cast multiple spells of the same type, like Animate Dead Animals, Animate Dead, Vampiric Touch, etc, and such.

When I moved him to Hamedh as a punishment for his success on thorasia, I wanted to nuke him as much as possible, and came up with the Highlander rule, that no wizard spell could be cast more than once a day per caster. It worked, and I kept it for Alzar on Pandius, which is just my version of Mystara. (It's not a rule on Mystara) but again, it works as a nice brake on him.

That worked especially well as a brake after he found the Nefti's Spell Recall that let him cast any spell he knew and removed the memorization restriction as well as now that he has maximum flexibility after receiving Pflarr's gift. It works for all spells, not just 9th level.

Hope that helps!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote