View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 04:48 PM   #113
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Season 2, Week 1 in the books!! WE'RE BACK!!

Treefrogs - T-Pain: I actually had a pretty tough time against the speedy T-Pain. That team has soooo much speed! I ended up going to a zone for most of the 2nd half of the game, because they were burning me on blitzes. I don't have the defenders to cover the T-Pain man to man. My new screen offense pretty much sucked, but it wasn't as bad as when I tried to drop back and throw downfield. We would have gotten rolled completely if Faulkner didn't have a MASSIVE Urquhart-like game on kick returns. Faulkner couldn't be stopped!

In the end, that's what won the game for us. Not very satisfying, but I'll take a win over the T-Pain any day.

I ended up watching about 1/4 of the Twisters-Maroons game, before turning over the Swarm-Avocados game. The Twisters were running their wide-open throw-it-all-around passing attack. It made me a little envious of all that passing. It's fun to watch. The Twisters got bogged down a few times in the red zone, but they were very consistent on offense.

After watching some of that, I switched over to the Swarm game. The Swarm run a completely different style offense. I like to call it a "power passing" offense. They line up in power running formations, and then pass out of it more than half the time. That style passing attack fascinated me because it had a completely different effect on the field than the wide-open Twisters attack. Players coming out of the backfield into patterns really opened up the 0-10 yard downfield field space, and gave the players some run-after-catch opportunities. The Twisters offense usually uses the 10-20 yard space and gets a lot more homerun balls. The Swarm attack forced good defensive spacing and tackling, while the Twisters attack forced the defense to cover WRs at high speed.

I'm really happy to see the engine and play styles take shape.

I have a nice list of things to adjust going into week 2, but none of them are going to take a lot of effort. Just some adjusting of numbers and weights, and fine-tuning defensive plays.

Oops, It looks like I forgot to change the Purples to the Nemesis in the save files.
Attached Images
File Type: png Week1.png (151.7 KB, 45 views)