View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #115
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Trade blocks set and trade offers sent out. The Treefrogs didn't get a single offer.

The Twisters made an offer to the Rainbow Sharks, but it was pretty bad.

The Swarm actually made a pretty legit offer to the Blues. I'm curious if they'll take it. The offer makes both teams better, and really fills the Swarm need for a legit RB.

The Treefrogs are going to hit the market hard. I don't like how my team is constructed right now and I can't hope for player progression to fix it. I absolutely need to get better on defense and special teams coverage.

I'm just going to deal with the inconsistent play and build around Faulkner. Outside of that, everyone is expendable. OL/DL star Eddy is probably worth hanging on to, but everyone else is potential trade bait.

I want to get something like this:
Offense
Faulkner at RB (His best position is WR, but I play him at RB)
League-best OL
QB that can manage the game (80+)
Either a 2nd pass catching RB or some decent WRs. Either will do

Defense (The backbone of the team)
Fast LB to anchor the defense
2 Highly skilled CBs that can play decent man coverage. I don't need elite speed, but I need some ball-hawking skills.
Strong DL that can hold up to the run
After that, I just need a difference maker on defense. I don't care where.

ST:
Faulkner at KR.
A good K (80+)
2 elite special teams coverage guys
overall good-to-great special teams blocking skill

Out of all that, I probably can only claim to have Faulkner and the league's best OL. I'm close on most of it, but it's not close enough to work consistently, and my defense is terrible. I thought I could deal with a bad defense, but I can't. It's just too painful.
Attached Images
File Type: png trade1.png (84.7 KB, 44 views)