View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 08:48 PM   #399
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Lakers coach Luke Walton and the front office have been encouraged by Thomas' fit with the team, and Walton feels he's had a positive impact on the younger players, team sources told ESPN.

"The team's agenda always came first, and he never complained about it once," Walton said Wednesday. "... Him and Julius [Randle] had a nice connection going. I loved the banter between him and [Kyle Kuzma] out there on the floor. He was great. You go down the line, he affected all the guys that played minutes for us, the young guys."

Walton said Thomas wanted to be a starter but "never complained" about coming off the bench, putting the team's goals ahead of his own personal goals.
Huh, it's almost like other people might've been the root of the chemistry (and defensive!) problem in Cleveland.

Hope he gets healthy. I still don't think he would've gotten close to the max he was looking for if he was a completely healthy FA coming off a repeat of last season, but I hope he gets at least solidly in the 8 figures in lifetime earnings going forward - and it's a more fun league when he's healthy and playing well.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-28-2018 at 08:48 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote