View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 06:55 AM   #143
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

I'm pretty pumped about today's update!

All the playcalling AI has been updated!! It's exciting because now the playcalling AI is complete. AI teams will do all the cool things like:
  • Pass up FGs and go for it, if they are behind by more than 3 and the game is getting near the end
  • Go for it on 4th instead of punting if they are behind at the end of a game, or if it's in a safe part of the field and it's 4th and <1, or if it's in the middle of the field and they just don't have a good kicker (punter).
  • Adjust both offensive and defensive playcalling based on team strengths and weaknesses
  • The defense waits for the offense to call the play first, and then picks the defensive play. (seems silly, but this was harder than you'd think)
  • You can go for it on any random 4th down, and the defensive AI won't get caught assuming you're punting or kicking a FG.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple little things, but you get it. Basically, the playcalling AI is ready to play a realistic brand of football!

That's pretty exciting. I've always had to have some house rules for playcalling, because the AI couldn't adjust to me doing crazy stuff with my gameplan. Now they can adjust, and I can just play the game.